ad-hell-aide
katsumbhong wrote:

Bump for the resistor value for Nanoloop 2.x

220 ohms maybe?

Ciudad de méxico, MX
spacetownsavior wrote:

Loading up Ableton with a blank MIDI clip gets the board to sync just fine and I can tell using the LED on the board itself. The problem is when I'm trying to hook up a DMG with LSDJ to it -- I set it to MIDI mode, hit start so that the DMG is waiting, and then hit play on Ableton, but nothing happens sad

The only time I've gotten it to sync at all is when I'm messing with the MIDI Sync settings in Ableton. With the board set to an output, all three settings (track, sync, remote) are turned on. Somehow, keeping the sync turned on and turning the track setting on and off repeatedly will randomly start the Gameboy, which is totally weird and makes me think that I'm somehow sending the wrong MIDI messages, but I'm not sure since the board itself seems to be synchronized.

I have this problem. Followed the little-scale blog instructions very carefully. The teensy board LED goes perfect with the Ableton clock,... but on the the LSDJ side is all weird. I'm currently running ableton on a macbookpro with lsdj 3.9.9 having the same exact problem that others have (tweaking the midi out options while playing, sometimes it starts sometimes not).

What I can possible be doing wrong? I just need sync with ableton midi clock.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Dallas, Texas

Getting a DMG to sync lsdj to midi is an easy fix... Put a pulldown resistor on pin 3 of DMG link port. done.

Ciudad de méxico, MX
TylerBarnes wrote:

Getting a DMG to sync lsdj to midi is an easy fix... Put a pulldown resistor on pin 3 of DMG link port. done.

thanks for your reply! care to elaborate?

Which resistor value?

So GND  on the teensy to link port pin 6 (GND)

Pin 0 on the teensy to link port pin  5 (SC)

And for the fix it will be Pin 1 on the teensy to link port pin 3 (SI)  adding a resistor in between?

thanks in advance for your reply!

Sorry for the obvious questions, I'm a noob at teensy.

Mexico

I'm just going to leave this here smile

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/11941 … -released/

katsumbhong wrote:

Post questions here. I will try to help as much as I can.

Problem:

1) Is there a specific rating of resistor to add to PIN1 of the teensy board in order for proper sync to NL 2.x?

2) Issues with sync'ing to Abletone Live.

-I loaded the proper hex file onto the Teensy board, provided here (http://milkcrate.com.au/_other/download … B_Sync.hex)

-I open up Ableton Live, it recognizes the midi device, I set the mode on LSDJ to "MIDI", press "start" on LSDJ and then press play on Ableton. The Gameboy only starts playing when I mess with the "on" and "off" in the sync and remote settings in preferences.
-The LED on the Teensy board flashes with the beats, but doesn't trigger when pressing play in Ableton.

My friend Jiffypop23 uses a tracker program in Linux and has had no problem at all (I use a Mac).

I was wondering if I would need to run the Teensyduino files in order to have everything sync up properly... or maybe I'm just doing everything wrong.

Thanks in advance.

---edit---
When I have time between school and work, I'll be trying to get the teensyduino running so that I can test it.

Last edited by maniacfreakquency (Sep 12, 2013 4:44 pm)

Dallas, Texas

The resistor does not go to the teensy, nor should pin3. Resistor just goes between gameboy pin 3 and gameboy ground. Value shouldn't matter too terribly much. You can even completely GND the pin with no resister if you want. Just know that if you use no resister, it will prolly make things like arduinoboy not work, because they use pin 3 for data input.

I used a 2.2KΩ cause it was just what I had, but you can use a 100KΩ, 47kΩ, 22KΩ, 2.2KΩ , or anything you have really. Just solder this at pin 3 of the port and to pin 6 of the link port. (or any other GND point on the pcb really.)

Quick analogy of what a pulldown resistor does: Electricity always wants to flow. It is more work to go through a resistor, but if it is the only route it will do it. If there is more than one connection it will take the easiest route it can (i.e. the path with the least resistance). When nothing is in the link port the only route for the electricity to go is through the resistor to ground. but when you feed a signal to it, it will ignore that path to ground (for the most part) and only worry about the signal coming in.

I'm by no means an expert, so I should not be viewed as an authority on the subject. This is just what I've come to understand about resisters when trying to work it out myself.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Sep 12, 2013 6:15 pm)