Brisbane, Australia

That's crazy! I'd never seen these before last week and now they're popping up everywhere!
If only they didn't have such an unusual aspect ratio sad

South Korea

What games are built in with these GB Boys? Are the games the same for both the GB Boy and the GB Boy Colour? Also, can the backlight be turned off like on the Gameboy Light?

Brisbane, Australia

Theyre "188 in 1" although about 24 of them are copies of other games. Backlight cant be turned off. Check out "circuitben"s youtube page. He has videos on the dissection and modding of the consoles!

Cleveland, OH

Best dude! Always has the coolest stuff!

Murcia, Spain

Bought a clear purple GB Boy Color this morning!! Thanks Kitsch! I was looking fordward to put my hands on one, but those on eBay where ridiculously expensive.

matt's mind

i look forward to all the mods people do with this

since its not a game boy, although compatible with game boy games, i'm more curious about the ways people might learn to exploit the differences.  treat it as a new instrument, rather than a fake original with flaws (albeit significant ones using standard LSDJ... maybe pitch bend isn't possible with the device, maybe it needs to be addressed in a different way, i dunno).  perhaps its a dead end.  its real new for me too, i've had one for a while but not to where it was 'safe' enough to hack at it without damaging my 'collector' copy.

if i can get any technical data on this, i'll pass it along for sure

One thing that you all would like to know - the noise channel is snappy, and it sounds nice.
Compare  - regular recording of my song "Rises" http://chipmusic.org/thebitman/music/rises
                - "Rises" recorded on my GB Boy Colour http://chipmusic.org/thebitman/music/ri … ur-version
You can hear it choke on pitch bends, vibrato, and legato, but you can also hear the amazingly good noise channel, the accuracy of the WAV channel, and the slight difference in intonation due to clock speeds.

Cleveland, OH

Sounds amazing!

washington

hey justin, have you backlit one yet? wink

UK, Leicester
basspuddle wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the GB Boy colour is already backlit

Also kitsch, I forgot to mention this sooner, could you add a disclaimer of some sort to your custom cases that point out that if you have a game genie, then you won't be able to use it with your cases. I mean it seems blatantly obvious now that I've tried it, but at the time, I didn't think I'd have a problem. Still love your cases though, I just use my game genie in my color now.

.FILTHadelphia

Do the GB Boys work with the EMS carts?

matt's mind

^yes, but my test was one ROM in menu 1, i didn't try bank switching (which should work the same), or the multi-ROM menu

i'll try to get it tested more thoroughly when i get back to ye old shoppe

Spain

There goes my plan to take over the world... Thanks Kitsch *sigh*

Cleveland, OH
basspuddle wrote:

I should be getting one next week. The first mod I'm going to try is tuning it to standard so any chip tune composer can use it with ease. After that it will be prosound mods. I ordered one specifically so I could learn how to modify them for kitsch-bents customers(at his request).

Murcia, Spain

That wav is SICK!

matt's mind

while supplies last!

orders of $50 or more are getting one of the limited edition pixel art stickers KeFF has done, we picked up a whole bunch of them as a reward of sorts and to encourage the pixelart stickers project!