Santa Cruz, California
SketchMan3 wrote:

There's a lot of rumors and misinformation going on about the XO. You don't pay a registration fee for new games.

Yes you do. Watch the Q&A sessions.
I'm not going off of gossip, I actually watched the press event.

thursdaycustoms wrote:

PS4 wont be backwards compatible with PS3 either.

The disks won't be, but you get to keep your games from PSN.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (May 22, 2013 4:45 pm)

matt's mind

re: the XO and online registration fees...

isn't this the way it already is with a lot of titles which come with the sheet of paper in the box with the online co-op code?  which without it you don't get the online features?

which, if you buy the game used and someone already used the code, or loan the disc to someone else with a different machine, you/they must purchase AGAIN to gain access to online features?

isn't that the same thing?  because thats already happening...  and you've got to have xbox live for that as well. 

maybe i'm not catching the 'change' regarding that...  this is only on my mind atm because i picked up two games this week with that sheet of paper in them, both had been redeemed, which meant i got to repurchase the online access in those games.  isn't that the same thing?

or is there an additional fee being created on top of the online access ones that already exist?

Santa Cruz, California

It's an additional fee... for all games you purchase.
Just to play games, you have to use Xbox Live and pay a registration fee.
So, if you're like me, and really don't give a shit about online multiplayer, Microsoft will soon be forcing you to pay a subscription fee in order to use a console they're selling you.

washington

there are probably about 10 people that are getting one. (rough estimation)

Murcia, Spain
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

It's an additional fee... for all games you purchase.
Just to play games, you have to use Xbox Live and pay a registration fee.
So, if you're like me, and really don't give a shit about online multiplayer, Microsoft will soon be forcing you to pay a subscription fee in order to use a console they're selling you.

Is that true? Cause if so, I think I'm sticking to PC gaming for the whole new generation...

Santa Cruz, California

Yeah, I'm going with the PS4 this time around.
Hopefully Microsoft will rectify this incredibly bad decision before the console launches.

Remember when you could buy a game and then actually have the game? How naive those developers were. -_-

On a side note, I'm sad for your nonfunctioning keyboard. sad Why not just try have the cartridge load into the gameboy itself and have the electronics essentially how they would be by default in the gameboy? It seems like not having the cool toploading cartridge is a small sacrifice to pay for a functioning midi controller.

Santa Cruz, California
Ozkur wrote:

On a side note, I'm sad for your nonfunctioning keyboard. sad Why not just try have the cartridge load into the gameboy itself and have the electronics essentially how they would be by default in the gameboy? It seems like not having the cool toploading cartridge is a small sacrifice to pay for a functioning midi controller.

I'll figure it out.
The toploading was planned from the beginning, and it will function when I'm done.

I'll get back to work as soon as I have another glut of spares.
I'm a little busy right now, building my new Gravity Bike, but modding will continue in the near future.

Douglas, Wyoming

Xbox One release, let's get ready to jump this shark baby

Santa Cruz, California

Ju-jump it REAL good!

Santa Cruz, California

So, here's what I've been doing instead of making custom hardware:

My Latest Gravity Bike!

But don't worry; I'll be back to making more cool shit really soon.
I even slapped this together yesterday:

Madriz, Supain

whats a gravity bike?

(219) Indiana, USA
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

whats a gravity bike?

It's a bike used for downhill racing and stuff.  There are no pedals so you just coast down a hill to gain speed. (At least that's what I found out when I googled it)

World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:19 pm)

Santa Cruz, California
zaxxon wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

whats a gravity bike?

It's a bike used for downhill racing and stuff.  There are no pedals so you just coast down a hill to gain speed. (At least that's what I found out when I googled it)

"Coasting" make it sound so pedestrian. The hills that my friends and I race are wicked awesome, and we average between 50-60 mph top speeds. It's very much like riding motorcycles, and some of us have been issued speeding tickets.

luftek wrote:

Interesting design of a bike, your feet on rear pegs?
Like the signature Nintendork on DMG smile

Yup.
There's also knee rests, but I need to determine my ride height before I install them (don't want to drag them on the ground). I'll also have dual crown forks, clip-on handlebars, and disc brakes when it's finished.

New Albany Indiana
Teh D3th St4r wrote:
zaxxon wrote:

"Coasting" make it sound so pedestrian. The hills that my friends and I race are wicked awesome, and we average between 50-60 mph top speeds. It's very much like riding motorcycles, and some of us have been issued speeding tickets.

I once went down a hill on a skate board at 50 mph, my lack of skin on my knees and arms proves it.