FRANCE

thx clearer now !

FRANCE
little-scale wrote:

Sure!

Well, CC#114 needs to be set above 64

Then, the GenMDM will send YM2612 page, address, and data values.

Page, address and data values are sent as a single MIDI CC message of the form:

Control number = address & 127
Control value = data & 127
Channel bit 0 = page 0 or 1s
Channel bit 1 = data bit 7
Channel bit 2 = address bit 7
Channel bit 3 = SN76489 on or off

Sync data is not needed, and may prove to be an issue.

I have a problem.
With this setup: Midi from DAW to GenMDM MIDI (via USB)
send CC#114 &127
set GenMDM as input on the MAX patch
Play something
Nothing is received.
Testing the COM via a MIDI monitor said that I cannot use GenMDM midi port as an input because "already in use"
I do not understand well.. If I  am sending to GenMDM MIDI in, why couldn't I use the GenMDM MIDI out as an input...?

If you can help smile

Oh and between, I have sort of enabled the FMDrive Graphic envelopes for GenMDM ! by sending the envelope DATA to the appropriate TL we can have software EG up to 8 stages with custom loop points...kind of steppy but usable if you do not use very high speed loop stages (witch kind of break the data stream)

United Kingdom

I hate to be the dude that's inpatient but has anyone received their GENMDM yet from batch 2?

matt's mind

^ i've been quietly wondering the same thing

FRANCE

Hi Seb,
As I was checking SPECIAL MODE control with FMDrive as a controller, I have found these following errors:

First it seems that you use the incorrect operators order as found in the sega doc (this error is present in the sega doc but has been corrected since then) and that could be the main reason of the special mode problem. This do not impact the current implementation except maybe the special mode...

Operator 2 and 3 must be swapped

GenMDM docs says:
* The 8 FM algorithms are as follows:
* Algorithm 00: OP1 (m) --> OP2(m)  --> OP3 (m) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 01: OP1 (m) && OP2 (m) --> OP3 (m) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 02: (OP1 (m) && (OP2 (m) --> OP3 (m))) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 03: ((OP1 (m) --> OP2 (m)) && OP3 (m)) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 04: OP1 (m) --> OP2 (c) && OP3 (m) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 05: OP1 (m) --> (OP2 (c) && OP3 (c) && OP4 (c))
* Algorithm 06: OP1 (m) --> OP2 (c) && OP3 (c) && OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 07: OP1 (c) && OP2 (c) && OP3 (c) && OP4 (c)

This should be
* The 8 FM algorithms are as follows:
* Algorithm 00: OP1 (m) --> OP3(m)  --> OP2 (m) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 01: OP1 (m) && OP3 (m) --> OP2 (m) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 02: ((OP3 (m) --> OP2 (m)) && OP1 (m)) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 03: ((OP1 (m) --> OP3 (m)) && OP2 (m)) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 04: OP1 (m) --> OP3 (c) && OP2 (m) --> OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 05: OP1 (m) --> (OP2 (c) && OP3 (c) && OP4 (c))
* Algorithm 06: OP1 (m) --> OP2 (c) && OP3 (c) && OP4 (c)
* Algorithm 07: OP1 (c) && OP2 (c) && OP3 (c) && OP4 (c)

So when in special mode, GenMDM do the following:
CH13 controls OP3 //works fine
CH12 controls OP1 // works fine
CH11 controls OP2 // velocity do not map to the volume except if TL volume of OP1 is set.

Also one last thing on all channels (11,12,13) the velocity mapping do not cover the entire range of TL (velocity 127 is not equal to TL 0 but more like TL 15 or so).

Should be easy to correct
Keep me posted if you got a firmware update with the secondary decay correction too smile

Best

kitsch wrote:

^ i've been quietly wondering the same thing

Same here.  He must be busy:)

Baltimore

~

Last edited by Msefk (Jul 31, 2014 7:30 pm)

Austria

i received mine one week ago.. Also paid for priority shipping.. Worked out fine !

Lazerbeat wrote:

My recording inputs are a bit odd so this recorded a bit clippy but I am slowly getting the hang of this. Ive been tryng to get a trip hoppy vibe going without using any samples. This is a little loop with just the FM, no PSG or DAC.

http://soundcloud.com/lazerbeat/snare

Only about 15 seconds but damn I am pleased with that snare.

how did you make that snare? im trying to synthesize drums with my GenMDM and finding it hard.(also kick drums?)

Glasgow

Haven't got mine yet and I'm going to be away for most of July/August....
Can anyone tell me if it's letter box friendly?

Finland

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Any chances of getting some detailed info like how many people are in the queue and by which 'order pay date' have the orders been delivered already?

kansas city

Hey everyone !

After finally spending some serious time with this,
I was wondering how you all are creating envelopes
On the psg channels.

Im using ableton, but it feels like im spending too much
Time building racks.

Any good ideas?

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 11:09 pm)

FRANCE
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:

Hey everyone !

On the psg channels.

Time building racks.

Any good ideas?

IIRC It seems that PSG volume is only tied to velocity in the current GENMDM firmware, that means that you will be able to create a sort of envelope by setting rapid note on/off at different velocity (has velocity is tied to note on/off MIDI event) however it is not the same as proper PSG volume change.
Seb's SN76489 interface code feature a dedicated MIDI CC for amplitude and I think that it should be added to GENMDM too smile

(I am actually working on the Super PSG vsti and I am pretty on the point by now smile I will add some features that you only find on the Atari ST scene...like interrupt generated waveforms and effects, a real time tweak-able noise channel, [1 - 127] steps volume and pitch envelopes, arp, pcm read, master clock setting etc...it will be released in August if everything goes well)

FRANCE

Nice landscape! smile

kansas city
Aly James wrote:
DUNGEONMASTER wrote:

Hey everyone !

On the psg channels.

Time building racks.

Any good ideas?

IIRC It seems that PSG volume is only tied to velocity in the current GENMDM firmware, that means that you will be able to create a sort of envelope by setting rapid note on/off at different velocity (has velocity is tied to note on/off MIDI event) however it is not the same as proper PSG volume change.
Seb's SN76489 interface code feature a dedicated MIDI CC for amplitude and I think that it should be added to GENMDM too smile

(I am actually working on the Super PSG vsti and I am pretty on the point by now smile I will add some features that you only find on the Atari ST scene...like interrupt generated waveforms and effects, a real time tweak-able noise channel, [1 - 127] steps volume and pitch envelopes, arp, pcm read, master clock setting etc...it will be released in August if everything goes well)

Ok. That makes sense.
Im not at home, so i cant test it out. BUT if i wanted to do a slow attack, like the
0F setting in Lsdj, then i would have to create an extremely rapid succession of
Velocity triggers ?