ohgodno, Indiana
KeFF wrote:

KeFF  you sure do know comfort >.<

Turku, FIN
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

Where did you get the tablecloth?

It came with the maschine

Portland, OR

2 DMGs  and one "stereo" modded, VRC6-enabled NES with a PowerPak playing songs in NSF format, written in FamiTracker. (None of it is synced together or anything, I just have some songs in LSDJ and some in FamiTracker.)

I have a couple songs where I use 2XLSDJ but I'm not writing any more because it's a pain in the ass. Ideally I'll have all my LSDJ songs on both carts and use the two Game Boys to preload 2 songs at once, to minimize time spent fucking around between songs.

I play a Gibson SG over it all and sing, for the 2/3 or so of my songs that have lyrics.

NES sound mod: red RCA plug = square waves. white RCA plug = triangle, noise and DPCM; second white RCA outputs VRC6 channels if that chip is either present in a cart or emulated by something like the PowerPak.

Last edited by jerkemy (Jun 16, 2013 6:23 am)

Solar System
KeFF wrote:

Amazing!

Last edited by Matej (Jun 16, 2013 6:58 am)

How the hey do i post a picture?

canada

do this: [img]*image url*[/img]

Matthew Joseph Payne
jerkemy wrote:

2 DMGs  and one "stereo" modded, VRC6-enabled NES with a PowerPak playing songs in NSF format, written in FamiTracker. (None of it is synced together or anything, I just have some songs in LSDJ and some in FamiTracker.)
I play a Gibson SG over it all and sing, for the 2/3 or so of my songs that have lyrics.

Where the hell were you when I was trying to put together a Portland gig a couple months ago? I'll remember you next time I'm up!

Portland, OR

Argh, I don't know! I play under the name Tonight We Launch, but I haven't finished a recording yet so I don't have much of an internet presence. Soon though! In the meantime, hit me up here, I'm always down to play.

EDIT: Whoa, were you in the Glowing Stars? If so I discovered your band like a week before your last show ever and am bummed I never got to see you. My stuff is right up the same alley. Do you set up shows in your town?

Last edited by jerkemy (Jun 17, 2013 10:03 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

I was in The Glowing Stars, indeed. Sorry you couldn't make it to the final gig! We were totally in PDX just about a month before that, too. sad
Last show up there was as Matthew Joseph Payne, played with Boaconstructor, Greightbit, Nic Cunningham.

We have a monthly show in SF called 8bitSF - 8bitsf.com ! Check it out! I headlined this month, there's video cropping up all around.

Portland, OR

Awesome, I'll check it out! What venue was that show you played in Portland at, by the way?

Matthew Joseph Payne

It was this: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10518 … reightbit/

San Francisco
TDK wrote:

Wish I'd never sold my Juno 6 sad

I feel the same way about my alpha juno 2. While the 6 in (my opinion) has a better overall sound and user experience the routing options of the 2's particularly the lfo's is deeply missed. no qualms about the ensoniq sq1 plus being gone tho. I hated that thing tongue

sweden
wedanced wrote:
TDK wrote:

Wish I'd never sold my Juno 6 sad

I feel the same way about my alpha juno 2. While the 6 in (my opinion) has a better overall sound and user experience the routing options of the 2's particularly the lfo's is deeply missed. no qualms about the ensoniq sq1 plus being gone tho. I hated that thing tongue

Also That Hoover sound!

San Francisco
nordloef wrote:
wedanced wrote:

Also That Hoover sound!

no. not Hoover.... it's HOOOVER

tongue

Mannheim, Germany
CS wrote:

Recent shot of a set I played recently. There was a nice atmosphere and energetic audience. Check out the guy's bass face behind!

I also had a visual set up which visuals I programmed were responsive to the audio's waveform and frequencies. (Not visible)

2 x Gameboys,
1 x Kaoss Pad 3
1 x Roland Digital Reverb
1 x Roland MX 5 mixer

Using additional effect units on stage is useful being able to improvise and adds further fluidity to the unprocessed raw 8 bit sounds. Mixed with a more club based sound and modern electronic appeal this technique works well together.

"bass face"
that one i hadnt heard yet
gotta tell my drumnbass-bassist friend about that