BOSTON
Jellica wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

an-cat-max?

he might still be around, or is maybe using another sig, but i havent seen him for a while. i still jam out to his old 8bc tunes almost every day in my running mix. so good and funky.

https://soundcloud.com/astral-cat

he is well and he makes me laugh.

ah so HES astral cat! man, people change their names so often i have all these people on twitter who im sure i followed for some very good reason but now have NO IDEA who they are.

Detroit
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:
The One Electronic wrote:

R.I.P. Snesei

Died from marijuana overdose

Not sure if WGJ4K reference.

Every joke is a WGJ4K reference

Holland

Pasta. Incredibly talented and awesome musician. Haven't heard from him since the Myspace-era ended.

NC in the US of America

@Alpine: Okay. Point taken. Just wanted to make my feelings known is all. Probably would have been better pm'd, but no harm done. And now that you say it that way I actually have something real to contribute:

This guy Speedster at Damaged Games Community used to be a real flamer and just really immature and abrasive and annoying, but then he changed his name to "Litis" and everything just changed and he became cool and learned how to get along with people on message boards. He made cool music and remixes for a few years, introduced me to Sound Club and OpenMPT and chiptune (but I didn't realize it then, haha) and NSFs and Creative Commons and free music releases by people like Brad Sucks. He was really into NIN and I think Green Day and MCR and Daft Punk. then I lost contact with him and he stopped making music because "nobody really cared except [SketchMan3]" lol. I really did enjoy his music, and I wish he still made more of it. This is the last thing he released:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7989/ … from-hell/
It's technically more "post-chiptune" since it uses VSTs and isn't really supposed to be chiptune (as far as I know), but it sounds pretty chiptune and was made in OpenMPT. The imagery is very vivid for me.

.FILTHadelphia
SketchMan3 wrote:

It's technically more "post-chiptune" since it uses VSTs and isn't really supposed to be chiptune (as far as I know), but it sounds pretty chiptune

NC in the US of America
defiantsystems wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

It's technically more "post-chiptune" since it uses VSTs and isn't really supposed to be chiptune (as far as I know), but it sounds pretty chiptune

tongue in cheek tongue in cheek. "technially not chiptune" just didn't have the same poetic ring to it sorrrrry.

Maine

omg thank you thats awesome

too bad he disappeared hmm

Joliette, QC, Canada
herr_prof wrote:
XyNo wrote:

Where is Snoopdroop ?

Singapore atm!

Nice ! Cool for him !

Lazerbeat wrote:

I want to know what happened tooooooo
Postal M@rket

THIS !!!

New England, USA

hurrigame boy. nothing really special, i just liked coming across his tunes on 8bc.

so many lost.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/169 … racell.mp3

Brunswick, GA USA
Jellica wrote:

Shit happens, people discover new hobbies, realise that they need to put a lot more effort in to get better, give up everything for a wo/man/family.

It's very normal, though it's normal (and okay) to be missed. That's what archives are for.

The bummer is when people delete all their stuff and leave nothing behind. No names named, but it happens.

Seattle, WA US
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

deep earth void. swapped underclocking crystals with him waaaaaay back when you had to bulk order them from russia. his music was crazy and he was a rad dude.

don't worry, he is still a rad dude

New Albany Indiana

I miss Ant1

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 11:13 pm)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 9:27 pm)

washington

knuckle joe :'(

i wasn't around when he was, but i wish he was still around.

NC in the US of America
Bit wish wrote:

I miss Ant1

try botb and ucollective