Melbtown, Lolstralia

This was awesome fun to watch!!

The simple fact that the Armani-Prada-Gucci Boys continually show love and respect to the entire Chip scene even when they have no need to as they are blowing up and sending pizza to space is incredible

Brooklyn, NY, USA
Wizwars wrote:

I thought that "Endless Fantasy" was one of the Milkytracker songs, and figured that the NES was there for show. I mean, the power LED is flashing on and off...

Actually, you're right. I asked Peter on Facebook and he said that the sounds were coming off of the laptop. He also said this, FWIW:

Peter Berkman wrote:

[W]e wanted to sync the NES but couldn't leave it up to chance if anything technical messed up.

So they WANTED to make it actual chiptunes, but the laptop was more reliable. Now you know!

Douglas, Wyoming
thebitman wrote:
Wizwars wrote:

I thought that "Endless Fantasy" was one of the Milkytracker songs, and figured that the NES was there for show. I mean, the power LED is flashing on and off...

Could have been the "no cartridge" blink and acted just for show. Also, it is possible that they are using SOME means of NES-MIDI sync, not probably but the software and hardware options do exist (rather obscure though considering the Guch typically uses straight FTM playback and Nerdtracker).

Anamanaguchi is what it is because they are on top their game in general. Professionalism, social accessibility, songwriting and sound design, live performances, passion for their art, and generally wanting to share their joy with others even if it means starving or paying for things out of their own pocket. If anyone were to try and better themselves in any of these ways as an artist they would see some sort of increase in exposure. There is always room to grow, and the Anamana-Amtrak express is showing no signs of stopping their growth.

I was always under the impression that Anamanaguchi wrote their FTM tracks onto a custom cart for shows

yo if you're about to be playing national television you guys wouldn't trust decades old videogame hardware that crashes every other concert either, let's be real

they owned and i loved the added touches of the music video and projection on the actual cubes

Monotron wrote:
thebitman wrote:

Could have been the "no cartridge" blink and acted just for show. Also, it is possible that they are using SOME means of NES-MIDI sync, not probably but the software and hardware options do exist (rather obscure though considering the Guch typically uses straight FTM playback and Nerdtracker).

Anamanaguchi is what it is because they are on top their game in general. Professionalism, social accessibility, songwriting and sound design, live performances, passion for their art, and generally wanting to share their joy with others even if it means starving or paying for things out of their own pocket. If anyone were to try and better themselves in any of these ways as an artist they would see some sort of increase in exposure. There is always room to grow, and the Anamana-Amtrak express is showing no signs of stopping their growth.

I was always under the impression that Anamanaguchi wrote their FTM tracks onto a custom cart for shows

http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/5/ … es-of-rock I know they did that in the past, but in this video they say "We put all of our songs on this cart" (referring to the two Powerpaks).

buffalo, NY

Just for the record I've never had a cart crash during a show except from my own stupidity.

BOSTON

gameboy carts are significantly more robust than NES carts as far as reliability goes. Pretty much every show I've seen with NES artists have had note skips and sync problems, to the point that (dirty secret time) no performing NES artists I know use carts live anymore. This is mainly a MIDINES thing, but powerpack has its problems too. apples to oranges comparison imho.

Unsubscribe

I think its mostly a edge connector bullshit thing isnt it? If you soldered the nes flash cart directly pin to pin i bet the heavy bass wouldnt mess things up?

Los Angeles, CA
herr_prof wrote:

I think its mostly a edge connector bullshit thing isnt it? If you soldered the nes flash cart directly pin to pin i bet the heavy bass wouldnt mess things up?

I've read that this is pretty much the worst thing you can do and that it wouldn't work but instead just fuck up your NES and cart. It came up in a thread here a while back.

Edit: Found it - http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3647/ … es-freeze/
Okay not as dramatic as I made it sound but probably still not a good idea

Last edited by Wizwars (Jun 19, 2013 3:26 pm)

Unsubscribe

Either way its far less reliable and useful then having midi synced clips of nes renders playing and triggering external light rigs with sample tight accuracy.

Planet Zaxxon

If your name is Carl P., then using an NES live IS A NIGHTMARE.

buffalo, NY

one time I looked sternly at Kris Keyser's EMS cart and it crashed

BK
danimal cannon wrote:

one time I looked sternly at Kris Keyser's EMS cart and it crashed

it's true.

To be fair though, it got lost in your eyes.

Last edited by Kris k (Jun 19, 2013 4:34 pm)

Robotcity, the year 20XX
an0va wrote:

yo if you're about to be playing national television you guys wouldn't trust decades old videogame hardware that crashes every other concert either, let's be real

they owned and i loved the added touches of the music video and projection on the actual cubes

Daniel "Cartridge Crash" Davis

Nottingham, UK

It's great that chip music doesn't need Malcolm Mclaren to get places.

These guys own and they've worked hard to get this kind of attention.  Good guys done good.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Jun 19, 2013 5:01 pm)

Playboy Man-Baby
an0va wrote:

My year-old laptop crashes more than my EMS carts.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Jun 19, 2013 7:34 pm)