hello, if you haven't heard of the cutting-edge new sub-genre of electronic experimental music "stockwave", take a quick read of this thread.

stockwave is merely an infant in its maturity as a genre, having really only one song ("deep chillout" by artist dreamstock) to show for itself. i propose a chip-oriented stockwave collaboration to help bring this genre to the next stage in its development: early childhood.

to prepare, i provide these links as basic listening material:

"Very inspiring, wonderful, and motivating music" from MovieMusicMasters
"Happy Music Royalty Free" from royaltyfreetracks
"Soaring Spirit" from pinkzebramusic

------
RULES FOR TRACKS

all sounds [with exception below] used in your track(s) must come from freepublicmusic.com. obviously you can slice and dice the sound files you find on this site however you wish.

exception to above rule: you are permitted to use some sort of simple waveform samples to bring a chip-esque feel into the track. no strict rules here.. i think you know kind of what i mean.

RULES FOR FORMAT, ETC.

.wav is highly preferred! you can just send me a download link smile anytime before the release date (below) is fine!
------

stockwave tracks generally take very little time and effort to produce, so i am going to set the entry period for this compilation at ONE WEEK: from now to 11:59pm july 1st.

the release will be a free to download bandcamp release.

------

people, this will change lives- or at least make people feel awkwardly relaxed. post below or PM me to make known your intent to contribute! what do you say, little-scale? saskrotch it would make my life if you jumped on this as well.
------

PARTICIPATING ARTISTS - AKA PIONEERS

deerpresident
jefftheworld
egr
barbeque
sleepytimejesse
victory road
sequencer.demon
comptroller

------

STOCKMOSH GLITCH IMAGERY by KeFF! (the album cover!)

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Sep 11, 2013 4:51 pm)

New Albany Indiana

I don't see what the hype is about.

Last edited by Bit wish (Jun 25, 2013 3:44 am)

i'm not sure i understand

South Korea

Sounds like a fun project. I have two questions though. Can the songs be unpleasant (tonally), crappily composed and abrasive? Will a cover/booklet be designed using only stock images? If the answer to these questions are "yes", then I'm in.

i) sure. i would ask that you stay true to your style and at least make the track ironic wink
ii) yes. a stock image album cover is already in the works.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Are there any stock settings you recommend for this?

jefftheworld wrote:

Are there any stock settings you recommend for this?

hmm, i'm not sure i know what you mean- explain?

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jun 25, 2013 4:59 am)

edit: double post

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jun 25, 2013 5:00 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Stock BPM, stock key signature?

Matthew Joseph Payne

120bpm and C major, right?

ah i see- well, if you're asking
bpm 60-80 (this is not a requirement, but is considered the most relaxing bpm range)
key sig is up to you smile

you in, jeff? stockwave would be privileged to have you.

kineticturtle wrote:

120bpm and C major, right?

if the goal of the track is to uplift rather than relax, 120 is better than the 60-80 range i gave before!
kineticturtle, you should write a contribution! with a name like "Uplifting Forest" or something like that!

SLC, UT

Highly recommend horse ebooks twitter account for track titles.

Are you sure we can't use this site instead?
http://www.freesound.org/

defPREMIUM wrote:

the cutting-edge new sub-genre

No.

Zef wrote:

Are you sure we can't use this site instead?
http://www.freesound.org/

for the sake of the collab let's just stick with the above mentioned site- you in!?