OK, so I have been thinking about changing my artist name. This post is for two things. Should I change my artist name, and what, in your opinion, makes a good artist name.

ohio gozaimasu

Your artist name is fine

UK, Leicester

it's fine, don't change it, it just makes shit for confusing in the long run.

Finland

Yeah it's fine. As long as there isn't too much name overlap that confuses people who try to google you but get linked to some 40 year old gigolo that goes by the same handle. tongue

Unsubscribe

It should be easy to say in a loud nightclub to an attractive member of your preferred gender.

Well, what about reinventing yourself as it were? Per-say you were to release some less than quality music not realizing it was such therefore giving your name a not so appealing light. What is your opinion of re-releasing yourself under a different name?

Once you had improved your music in quality of course.

Finland
herr_prof wrote:

It should be easy to say in a loud nightclub to an attractive member of your preferred gender.

While I'm at it I might as well:

This is what would happen to me and my handle:

[Loud Music]
Me to girl: "No- it's my DOT Explosion!"
Girl to me: "Your *what*!?"
Me to girl: "My Explosion!"
Girl to me: "You threatening me?"
[Girl leaves with another guy]

sad

Also, Xetryz: It depends on how many people you have that are already following you. Like, if no one knows about you then no one gives two hoots about if you change your name. Same thing with a reboot. You could probably get some of your old fanbase to continue following you, but likely a huge chunk would fall off. Of course it can be regained, but personally I think getting a bigger following is a hard time. But that's probably because I suck so bad, so doesn't necessarily apply to you. smile
It's up to you ultimately. Think about it thoroughly and if you still "need" to, do it.

Last edited by my.Explosion (Jun 28, 2013 10:49 pm)

Yeah that's just it, the music that is released under THIS name hasn't and won't earn me a very large following. So a reboot shouldn't be too detrimental due to the fact that really no one is going to forget about me due to the fact that they haven't heard of me in the first place.

Comment removed.

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 7:07 am)

Alright, well in any case, I do want to change my name due to the fact that a large portion of the population pronounce my current name incorrectly. So any suggestions? My gaming alias is Major Fusion, so I have been thinking of using that, any comments or ideas?

Brunswick, GA USA
Xetryz wrote:

Once you had improved your music in quality of course.

You may be less self conscious if you think of the differences between Cybotron, Model 500, Infiniti, and so on... More about changes of style than anything else.

yea change ur name i hate it

jk heart

hiding under your bed

I've actually been meaning to change my name for a while now.
I used to go by TheJorsh everywhere (still do in a lot of places), but then it got kinda mixed up when I found out someone already took it on YouTube and a couple other sites, so I came up with the placeholder "PianoGameboy" until I could think of something better.
All these years later I never around to changing it. I quit both music and my modding hobbies altogether for a little while, and just started back up around September or so. A friend suggested Josh-Shmosh, and it stuck, so I've been using that now.
Anyway, who should I talk to about getting my name changed on these boards, if that's possible?

herr_prof wrote:

She thought I said "Piano Gay Boy".

Detroit

I cannot count the amount of times I've been called "The One Electric" by venues, other performers, radio djs, and even friends. u_u