California
Victory Road wrote:

whenever i see artist names that are japanese words prefixed with english words, it makes the artist seem like a bit of a basement dwelling weeaboo.
but that's just me.

oh, i hope nobody thinks bad things about me because of my artist name now! :v

hahaha yeah i should change it . i don't have a basement tongue

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:11 pm)

NC in the US of America

so that's why you have a checkered flag in your avatar. I always thought your name was just a "clever" spelling of feral.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:11 pm)

barf

hey i not only made my name impossible to separate from a more popular character with the same name but i also changed the spelling so it's impossible to infer how it's spelt from a pronunciation

barf

also the second hit on google is a guy with my name as a twitter handle who talks about how much bourbon he has (just for clarification: he owns A LOT of bourbon)

Last edited by kfaraday (Jul 1, 2013 4:13 pm)

canada

names are stupid hahahahahahhahahahhaha

NC in the US of America
Feryl wrote:

Well, that wasn't supposed to be a checkered flag, but whatever. smile

Wait so the blue and green squares aren't position tracking blips on the HUD map for a racing game? yikes

tongue

Brunswick, GA USA

I think a checkered flag is expected to have at least 16 squares but I can't find a reference.

NC in the US of America

Artistic license. Art doesn't have to follow expectations. It's symbolic. Nobody ever truly reaches the finish line. We are merely racing around it. The gravity of success is so powerful that it pulls us in, but our drive is so strong that we overshoot it, and thus are constantly orbiting around the finish line, never to make contact.

The kicker: If you divide Feryl's avatar into squares of the same size as the ones present, it will add up to 16.

The racers, the course, and the flag in the middle ARE the finish line but the racers will never see it because they are too busy trying to outdo each other. O.O

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 1, 2013 10:54 pm)

Indiana

my name always goes over weird

SketchMan3 wrote:

Artistic license. Art doesn't have to follow expectations. It's symbolic. Nobody ever truly reaches the finish line. We are merely racing around it. The gravity of success is so powerful that it pulls us in, but our drive is so strong that we overshoot it, and thus are constantly orbiting around the finish line, never to make contact.

The kicker: If you divide Feryl's avatar into squares of the same size as the ones present, it will add up to 16.

The racers, the course, and the flag in the middle ARE the finish line but the racers will never see it because they are too busy trying to outdo each other. O.O

That's fantastic.

Last edited by Feryl (Jul 1, 2013 11:09 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

In the real, motor racers break their cars (or themselves) eventually... I guess that analogy works too hmm

Nashville, Tennessee

names will always be just names.

Yuma, AZ

Back before I changed to 10spd, I was The Automaton for some time.
I can't tell you the number of times I was called "Automotion" or "Automation", "The Automator" "Automatic", etc etc.
It was clearly time for a change, haha.

I say if it's time and you feel like you need a change, make the change!

Playboy Man-Baby
Fudgers wrote:

my name always goes over weird

I do always kind of feel weird telling people about your stuff.