Melbourne, Australia
roboctopus wrote:

I just want to look like your dad and have a kick drum that's louder than everyone else's.

I want this on a tshirt or something.

Massachusetts, USA

I am just me, my artist name is my real name, and I act like me when I'm on stage (I'm pretty goofy in real life too). How boring! I have been asked if my name was a stage name before, so... maybe it's not that boring?

lolusa

well if you like ovenrake, you may end up being disappointed in me. If you like me, then you'll love ovenrake. I don't get it

ohio gozaimasu
Calavera wrote:
roboctopus wrote:

I just want to look like your dad and have a kick drum that's louder than everyone else's.

I want this on a tshirt or something.

South Jersey, USA

For my artist persona I just concentrate on typing witty and insightful forum posts to make up for that fact that right now my irl artist persona is an overweight man in his 30s with social anxiety who tends to stammer when he gets nervous.
It seems to be working out just fine.

Madriz, Supain
chunter wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

I had "characters" for some bands and I was just me for other ones. It depends on what you do. If you just play your music, dont bother me with your helmet and n4m3. If you offer a show with some sort of visual/theatre thing, then entertain me as much as you can.

How does that pertain to a group like Justice, where they stand there and play stuff while the world flashes around them, or is that what you're saying you'd prefer if you don't have any "theatre" about you?

Im saying I dont care about your alter ego if you just use it to wear some costume but you play like everybody else (ie: playing in a rock band in a medieval cape : not interested. Robot heads in a press start electronic band : not interested)

IF you have something else, then go crazy. I think the masks from slipknot are absurd, but theyre part of their show. I dont even like Marilyn Manson, but I understand the clothes. I love Kraftwerk no matter what they wear, but I get the robot thing and hieratic attitude.

Im sorry, Im no english native. Was this more clear? smile

Gosford, Australia

i wish my artist identity was a little more different to me
actually that's sort of a goal of mine, to be more of a persona on stage. stage presence yo

Playboy Man-Baby

A lot of contained energy and otherwise pent up stress comes out when I play live, for sure. I'm never able to comfortably talk to people, and that's something that doesn't go away even when I'm playing and people are cheering, so I just awkwardly fumble through stage banter the same way I do with conversations "in real life".

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Jul 4, 2013 2:59 am)

New Albany Indiana

Im really cat.

Abandoned on Fire
SJSFC wrote:

For my artist persona I just concentrate on typing witty and insightful forum posts to make up for that fact that right now my irl artist persona is an overweight man in his 30s with social anxiety who tends to stammer when he gets nervous.

Dude, I accidentally ripped off your persona. Sorry sad  I didn't do it on purpose.

Playboy Man-Baby
Bit wish wrote:

Im really cat.

an-cat-max? Jellica? Zan-zan-zawa-veia? Uh...MisfitChris?

dog

South Jersey, USA
egr wrote:
SJSFC wrote:

Dude, I accidentally ripped off your persona. Sorry sad  I didn't do it on purpose.

It's okay, chances are I accidentally ripped off the same persona:D

Well, there isn't much Alter-Ego about me either.
Maybe, i just drink and smoke much more when you see me out there playing somewhere. Basically, me is really a inda "I-don't-give-a-fuck"-guy, but who's most of the time chilled.
Also how i jump around to my music is really what i also do in my Room, while going over the tunes and working on them.

If you like what your doing, you don't really need another "Me".

California

I feel basically the same way as Bryface, except I'm probably not as protective of my "alter ego". My IRL circle of friends knows me almost only as Vincent, and my larger circle of friends knows me as both that and my artist name, but I'm basically the same. It actually makes me slightly uncomfortable having friends I see everyday call me by my artist name.

shanghai

im just an awkward dude playing awkwardly weird music in dance clubs. I keep my head down in life and when i play.
At most i will wear an ironic slipknot or mayhem shirt to play meloncolic electonica cos thats just how i roll : P