Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
b3tabot wrote:

Guys,
As a scene, we will never be able to evolve if every single step of the way someone is over analyzing every detail of every project that is thrown in the open. We must keep an open mind. Specially when we are trying to expand.

- Granted. Not everyone uses Gameboys. However, besides the NES, Gameboy is the most recognizable piece of hardware that is used in our scene.

- Gameboys will be used on stage at the show.

... lol.. this just made my day.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

So lets get this straight..

set times are 30 mins. and you have to tear down and set up in that time too?

Milwaukee, WI
low-gain wrote:

Well seeing as how there will be Gameboys I'd assume this shouldn't take more than 40 seconds. As for others, I hope they have it broken down to a science.

Unsubscribe

Case in point. You guys are being real facetious creeps.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
herr_prof wrote:

Case in point. You guys are being real facetious creeps.

facetious creeps?

IL, US

im getting around setup/tear down time limitations by using only as much gear as i can have set up on a pedal board or two, make it a 1-2 power cords, 3-4 cables kind of set up...i encourage others to consider this as well smile

Milwaukee, WI

I was referring to Ty. I know him personally. Stop being chipcunt.

Does a Gameboy take more than 40 sec for a soundcheck? Should it? Does an Ipod need a soundcheck? Fill me in.

Milwaukee, WI

@ E.S.C - Did Ty ever get a hold of you?

BOSTON8BIT, MA

When I have a limited setup slot, I set up somewhere off to the side ahead of time.

IL, US
RG wrote:

@ E.S.C - Did Ty ever get a hold of you?

not yet, no

low-gain wrote:

I'm not sure how discussing the show's technical aspects is relevant in this thread.

E.S.C -  Performance schedule and set up / tear down instructions will be emailed to all artists in advance.
We'll have a system which will allow you to have as much time as you need to prepare.

= )

Also, I find it funny how the people who are worried the most about the show's technical aspects are people who are not even performing. Keep your pants on guys. If everything turns out well, we will try to have you on stage next year ......  or..... at another city......  ---- hint hint ----

= )

Last edited by B3tabot (Apr 2, 2010 8:16 pm)

Milwaukee, WI
Dauragon wrote:

Let the bodies hit the

FLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
b3tabot wrote:
low-gain wrote:

I'm not sure how discussing the show's technical aspects is relevant in this thread.

E.S.C -  Performance schedule and set up / tear down instructions will be emailed to all artists in advance.
We'll have a system which will allow you to have as much time as you need to prepare.

= )

Also, I find it funny how the people who are worried the most about the show's technical aspects are people who are not even performing. Keep your pants on guys. If everything turns out well, we will try to have you on stage next year ......  or..... at another city......  ---- hint hint ----

= )

Well you almost booked me for the show and you never told me how long set times were..
One of the reasons i backed out.
My reason for asking... Simple. .lets say i wanted to fly out to see specific people perform.. i want to know how much of a set i'm going to see before i spend money to come see them. Blip fest was 30min set's with time in between acts.

Now lets say i'm a die hard fan of cTrix (which i am)... him playing 15mins vs 30mins is going to matter to me.

Down side to doing 30 min sets w/ no turn over time inbetween acts.. Do you have the ability to tell someone who is playing 5-10 mins longer than they should that need to stop?

By the end of the night. who ever is playing last or the last 2-3 acts might end up getting screwed.. You can say.. no this wont happen. but i promise you, it will..

It happened to me the last time i came out to NYC to perform. my 30min set got cut down to 3 songs because of over booking and people (one person in particular) performing 20mins longer than they should have and no one having the balls to cut them off...

SO... is my asking relevant. I think it is.. I want to know roughly how long i could expect to rock out to my fellow friends.

low-gain wrote:

SO... is my asking relevant. I think it is.. I want to know roughly how long i could expect to rock out to my fellow friends.

Very valid question.

We are already expecting this to happen, so we have 1 hour window of time for "error" in the schedule. Everyone should be performing a full slot. A guaranteed 20 minutes of music, might be a little more than that for some, but I guarantee you it will not be less than 20 minutes per artist.

BOSTON

why is there so much bitching about minutia in this thread?? suck it up ppl, this concert is going to be fucking amazing!!!

London, UK

I get the feeling a lot of people backed out becuase they thought roger/b3tabot wasn't legit. He is, and the community should be super stoked there's someone willing to invest this much time and money in a great event!