México, DF.

U guys give your music away for free under CC License and when you find it on a non-profit media scare the fuck off? WHY? TELL ME WHY, MIGHTY SHARERS OF THE GIVE-AWAY-FOR-FREE LAND!? WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?

Sincerely,
a guy who was satanized once for claiming copyright over his own songs.

Last edited by eme7h (Jul 22, 2013 8:58 am)

Indiana

this seems like more of an expressed neurosis than a problem

los angeles

n00bstar your do-rag is on a little too tight

killadelphia

\

Last edited by animalstyle (Jul 22, 2013 2:43 pm)

killadelphia

this is not a question to be criticized for.  it's a common occurrence and also the evil flip side of Creative Commons.  Idiots that don't understand the rules think they can grab whatever they want from the internet.  So being sarcastic to this member of the community for asking an intelligent question is just that - pretty stupid.  go back to your "how do I dress up my gameboy" posts.

and also all the idgf posts are pretty unintelligent and fuel the fire for this type of activity - if someone does something with your music that you don't like (and you are still living) - do something about it.  It's fucking wrong to steal music no matter how its made or what time period we live in.  Uploading content and then monetizing it is the same thing as stealing someone's food.

to answer your question:
ask for l00t - make them feel guilty - no answer...  threaten to sue - everyone loves that - even if you don't have the cash on hand!  seems to be the only way to actually motivate people in this country.  To protect yourself you can Trademark your "band" name or legally copyright your songs along side the creative commons license.  This will give you tons of leverage before you even start to take legal action - it will serve as a deterrent.  Anyone stealing music only cares about money - so threatening that way always drives the point home.

Also - for people that say that giving music away for free is stupid.  You are not very intelligent because you wouldn't be making chip music today if kind composers had not freely shared their music and let people look at their source.  Open Source and openness leads directly to increased creativity.  There is a direct scientific correlation.  Where it might not be the best for your pocket, it is amazing to take place in a giant river of freely downloadable chip music.

Last edited by animalstyle (Jul 22, 2013 2:57 pm)

Unsubscribe

Dont post on the weekend.

montreal, qc

why not just support me instead?
ilkae.bandcamp.com

ilkae wrote:

ilkae.bandcamp.com

+one ^

los angeles
ilkae wrote:

ilkae.bandcamp.com

yea

Unknown
TSC wrote:
n00bstar wrote:

You're just a fat bearded cunt with an attitude problem and I would take great pleasure in carving your face off with a dull knife. That, is overreaction. See the difference?

For posterity.

Can I declare hunting season with you n00bstar. After all my name is Digital Darwin, let's see how fast Saskrotch can prance through the meadows as we watch from a distance...

Don't mind me I'm just watching Animal Planet

Sweeeeeeden