Matthew Joseph Payne

Yup that's exactly what I want! 1plz!

Last edited by kineticturtle (Aug 8, 2013 5:04 am)

clovis CA

im down to do smt work wink

Michigan

Jazzmarazz: 1 board (paid)
Bitman: 1 board (unpaid)
Katsumbhong: 1 board (unpaid)
DCS: 2 pre-soldered boards (unpaid)
Kineticturtle: 1 pre-soldered board (unpaid)
AlleyBeach: 1 board (unpaid)

Is this all correct? Just a couple more then.

matt's mind

i'm in for two bare boards, no pre-soldering

Michigan

Thanks kitsch! That makes 8 boards. Just two more and I can place an order.

Here is an update of the board layout. you will notice the only changes are near the LEDs. The other changes are simply aesthetic.

clovis CA

quick question, about the mega... this has to be preprogrammed yes?

Michigan

Yes, that is why I added an icsp connector. I can explain more thoroughly once I get home from work.
For those who have me do the soldering, I can program it before shipment.

Also, when do you folks think I should end the claim period? When can everyone have money available? We only have 8 claimed, so I was thinking at least by next Friday (the 15th). That gives people time to save up and others to claim a board. Any objections?

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 9, 2013 1:54 am)

Michigan

Home now. I can answer questions about ICSP.
ICSP stands for In-Circuit-Serial-Programming. That is, so you may program your microcontroller (with internal eeprom) or other serial eeproms without removing them from your circuit. It just requires a few simple connections, a clock and the USB interface. you may build one yourself very cheaply as shown here or here or can purchase a cheap one such as this one.

These are serial devices, so the ones with USB are actually emulating a serial port. If you have a serial port on your computer, make one but if you only have USB, it would be more effective to purchase one like I have.
This is mine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-PIC-SP200S- … 3382b4cf68
Its from China, but will ship for free. Unfortunately, it will take two weeks. More likely than not though, you will end up using your programmer many many times after building it.

Taichung, Taiwan

I would have trouble sourcing parts. If someone was willing to make a "kit" I am willing to throw down some cash as well for that.

I can provide cartridge connectors if anyone needs them for this. I can dig through more stuff and come up with more connectors!

Last edited by katsumbhong (Aug 9, 2013 5:01 am)

Jazzmarazz wrote:

Yes, that is why I added an icsp connector. I can explain more thoroughly once I get home from work.

Also, when do you folks think I should end the claim period? When can everyone have money available? We only have 8 claimed, so I was thinking at least by next Friday (the 15th). That gives people time to save up and others to claim a board. Any objections?

Works for me.  If you could program the mega on both of them, that would save me a step!

Michigan
katsumbhong wrote:

I would have trouble sourcing parts. If someone was willing to make a "kit" I am willing to throw down some cash as well for that.

I can provide cartridge connectors if anyone needs them for this. I can dig through more stuff and come up with more connectors!

Atta boy. The world needs more people like you.
I can place the parts for you in my cart when I order my own. Tomorrow, I can have a kit price I suppose...:rolleyes: Minus the GB connector. It shouldn't be a whole lot more than the pre-soldered option becuase the only components left are all passive components, the LEDs and a USB connector.

DSC wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Works for me.  If you could program the mega on both of them, that would save me a step!

Yes, of course.

clovis CA

dibs on a connector wink and wouth something like this work? Its all i got right now hahaha

Taichung, Taiwan
Alley Beach wrote:

dibs on a connector wink and wouth something like this work? Its all i got right now hahaha

gotcha!

Columbus, Indiana

Anybody know if this works with old EMS 32m carts? If so I'd be down for one.

United Kingdom
meanwun wrote:

This!

And if its USB?

Taichung, Taiwan
SAMWAVE wrote:
meanwun wrote:

This!

And if its USB?

meanwun wrote:

I just tried to flash 32M carts yesterday with a flasher that is the same design as this and it did not work.

It can identify the data on the cart but can not read or write to it.

To my understanding and research the 32M EMS carts only work with the old style transferrer and software. The software is designed to use hardware that reads through LPT ports.