Huntsville, AL
Bit wish wrote:

I bet you, no troll, it's the cart battery seeping acid out.

Is that a joke? Or are you being serious? I know it's not the battery. It's coming out from the chips.

Huntsville, AL
nitro2k01 wrote:

Does it look anything like this?

Somewhat, if you were to count the GameShark cartridges, that were doing the same thing, but worse. (There's another post, about the GameSharks.) Here, it's AS bad, in the picture.

Toronto, Canada

Most likely just resin/rosin. It should be harmless to the circuit, but you can clean it with isopropyl alcohol if you like.

clovis CA
rainwarrior wrote:

Most likely just resin/rosin. It should be harmless to the circuit, but you can clean it with isopropyl alcohol if you like.

yup.

Santa Cruz, California

I've read this entire thread... WTF?
The vaguest possible description of their problem and still no pic?
Who the hell doesn't have at least one digital camera at their disposal?

matt's mind

if its the clear type stuff like the above pic, its flux/rosin leftover from assembly and you can ignore it all the same

Huntsville, AL
rainwarrior wrote:

Well, I've been trying to scratch that stuff off with a pushpin, in between the chips. Also, it actually IS harming it, if there is too much coming out.

Last edited by Chowdit1 (Aug 9, 2013 10:10 pm)

Huntsville, AL
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I've read this entire thread... WTF?
The vaguest possible description of their problem and still no pic?
Who the hell doesn't have at least one digital camera at their disposal?

>_>

Toronto, Canada
Chowdit1 wrote:
rainwarrior wrote:

Well, I've been trying to scratch that stuff off with a pushpin, in between the chips. Also, it actually IS harming it, if there is too much coming out.

Resin itself is inert and entirely harmless.

I don't recommend trying to scratch it with a pin, as you are likely to damage the board this way. There's a chance you might break off a piece of the board that's stuck to the resin.

Isopropyl alcohol will slowly dissolve it, and it should come off safely with mild rubbing with a q-tip or something similar soaked in alcohol.