lolusa
infradead wrote:
dosPrompt wrote:

But, I am in Melbourne... and sometimes the scene IS in my house.
smile

well there was a reason i picked those three cities

alliteration   tongue   wink

I heard there was a crashing party and Infradead's last chipfest. The kind where facial hair is mistaken for pubes.

Tucson, AZ

I will make sure of this.

Tacoma WA
ovenrake wrote:
infradead wrote:

well there was a reason i picked those three cities

alliteration   tongue   wink

I heard there was a crashing party and Infradead's last chipfest. The kind where facial hair is mistaken for pubes.

oh man don't remind me of my toliet after nigel puked in it..  his beard hairs looked just liked pubes. that was so nasty

Brooklyn, NY

WHEN I TALK I TALK FOR A REASON.

NO MATTER WHAT.

Brooklyn NY US

BOSTON8BIT, MA

TSSBAY01

20 years, family, post grunge

London, UK

I am so disappointed in all of this. Roger paid for my plane ticket outright so from my perspective I had no reason to assume there wasn't an event.

What the fuck guys.

Boulder, CO

WHEN I CANCEL I CANCEL FOR A REASON!

NO MATTER WHAT!

BOSTON8BIT, MA

I'm heavily disappointed that this awesome show won't happen, but I'm equal parts happy that nobody got screwed because of this...

...nobody got screwed, right?

San Antonio, Texas

...sigh...I was gone for a few days and now I come back and THIS happens? Seriously!? This is discouraging, hilarious, and a shame all at the same time.

I think I need to start to playing drunken house shows again (someone else's house preferably).

Los Angeles, CA

Did people really expect this show to happen? I mean, really? Here comes this random guy, who doesn't really appear to have any real credentials and (as far as I know) has no association with any chip musicians or chip music as a whole, and basically says "I'm going to set up a killer show at a huge venue with a line up that is almost the same scale as Blip Fest". Nobody else thought this sounded like a bullshit day dream fantasy from day one?

TSSBAY01

20 years, family, etc

London, UK
Active Knowledge wrote:

I'm heavily disappointed that this awesome show won't happen, but I'm equal parts happy that nobody got screwed because of this...

...nobody got screwed, right?

I've booked time off work that can't be cancelled, and turned down two gig offers over the period that I would be away (loss of earnings!), this was also going to be a release party for ctrix/my split record which we're both disappointed won't be happening anytime soon now.

It's safe to say people have made travel plans for this already and have been screwed. The whole community has been shafted really, on a trust level.

Last edited by Sabrepulse (Apr 6, 2010 9:37 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What upsets me the most is that this event was not some impossible thing that should have been bailed on.  If I had been running it I would make sure that it would happen!  If one venue backed out, I'd find another.  The event isn't exactly tomorrow, there are always venues looking for business, even if it ends up being in a shitty part of town.  I really don't understand why this couldn't have been saved.  I really don't want to lay the blame on any one party here, but it seems like those planning the event didn't have dedication.

On a different note, I hope to attend PDF's "New Chip-Con" and hope others attend.

(On a different, different note - hopefully this kind of mega-event can be achieved in the future by competent hands.  Perhaps even in Toronto.)

lolusa
jefftheworld wrote:

On a different note, I hope to attend PDF's "New Chip-Con" and hope others attend.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
This