Spain

I shouldn't have started with "I don't like chiptune". Instead, I'd have been better if I said something like "Anyone else around here more into mods than chiptune?".

To answer that last question: I'm into portables mostly and currently experimenting with mods and paint jobs. I currently collect but don't play as much as I used to. Yeah, that's probably stupid; owning the hardware just to pile up or mess around but not actually play anything on it.

I really hope that this doesn't turn into a misunderstanding where people see me as a troll who hates chipmusic and is only here to annoy.

By the way, is Radix considered chiptune?

Brunswick, GA USA

Yes, Radix is chiptune.

Beware of screaming "I don't like pasta" at the spaghetti convention. wink

Sweden

I think coming here to talk about modifications seems reasonable. After all, it seems a lot of musicians here are using them for various purposes, and it's an important aspect in either music production or the image of a musician.

There could be a separate sub-forum for that kind of discussion, though, since the only mods I'm personally interested in are the ones you can open in a tracker.

boomlinde wrote:

There could be a separate sub-forum for that kind of discussion, though, since the only mods I'm personally interested in are the ones you can open in a tracker.

Sure lets have that. Then we go hide in the corner.

Playboy Man-Baby
boomlinde wrote:

the only mods I'm personally interested in are the ones you can open in a tracker.

Puns

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Sep 3, 2013 10:41 pm)

NC in the US of America
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

the only mods I'm personally interested in are the ones you can open in a tracker.

Puns

I... I totally missed this one. Wow. 10/10

┌───────────────────┐
│  ╔═══╗ .mods      │▒─────
│  ╚═╦═╝                 ──────
╞═╤══╩══╤═══════════╡
│ ├──┬──┤│▒──────────
│ └──┴──┘│▒──────────
└───────────────────┘
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Sep 4, 2013 3:34 am)

Youngstown, OH
SketchMan3 wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Puns

I... I totally missed this one. Wow. 10/10

5 stars

thedimitry wrote:

To answer that last question: I'm into portables mostly and currently experimenting with mods and paint jobs. I currently collect but don't play as much as I used to. Yeah, that's probably stupid; owning the hardware just to pile up or mess around but not actually play anything on it.

Hey, at least you are doing more than just looking at the boxes they are still sealed up in (which is also fine).  It bugs me sometimes that I have so many DMGs, when realistically all I need is a primary and backup or two. I love doing mods, but i always want to keep all the game boys i work on  I attempt to justify it by pretending that i need this one dedicated to nanoloop, and that one for lsdj, and these over here are for games.  And that yellow one is for a little of everything...
there are others, and i have ideas for a themed one.