Marseille

Scene has been around for 30 or so years but a few newcomers joins and leaves and suddenly the scene is dead?
This thread made me miss being a teenager.  Please can I have that back?

"fucknshit dude are you still into that Neo-UK Deep Tech shit thats so February 2013 cmon get a grip! I mean everyone has moved on. or I mean I have. or I mean, I lost attention for 2 weeks so it must be dead right?"

heart

UK, Leicester
Kuma wrote:

Is chiptune dying or dead?  Well, to quote Banksy: "I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time."

This is why I like Banksy, he says some of the best things.

But yeah, the rest of your post that I mercilessly snipped is pretty much what I think.

Brunswick, GA USA
dubmood wrote:

Scene has been around for 30 or so years but a few newcomers joins and leaves and suddenly the scene is dead?

30 years is 1983. You can have being a teenager if you take the awkwardness and lack of skill that goes with it, but more importantly..

This thread came from a failure of perception and an overreaction, no need to take it so hard.

Admittedly they were mostly covers but yep, there were chipmusic releases in 1983.  People were swapping their Master Composer tracks for a start on c64.   As an aside, a lot of active chipmusicians have no idea of/interest in this "scene" so I'm sure they'll keep plugging away.

Last edited by 4mat (Sep 7, 2013 11:42 am)

Sweden

hey guys long time no see did chipmusic die when i left?

Nottingham, UK

That time of the month

STARDRAIN, CA
BLEO wrote:
Jellica wrote:

yes.

its the same as it ever was.

Also, Kool Skull: check yer damn PMs! Let's release that track on hexawe already!!!!

I THOUGHT I REPLIED TO THAT, i dont have those files anymoree.   -_-

ill make another better one

STARDRAIN, CA
The One Electronic wrote:

yo wat up kewl

sup niggaaa

STARDRAIN, CA
DESUMATE wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

... chipthrash will never die,...

thank goodness for that. a name i coined will apparently never die!

STARDRAIN, CA
Wizwars wrote:

hey just so you fuckers know there is a chiptune festival every january in downtown los angeles called frequency that i curate and while we might not have the same star power as the other fests i'll fight to the death to defend the fact that the quality level of the artists at our fest are on the same level as any other big festival. truth be told i'd even go as far as to say its the only interesting festival right now, all the other big fests keep recycling the same ol' artists without showcasing all the talented newcomers. FIGHTING WORDS. (actually wait nevermind brkfest had a cool lineup this year)

EY FAGETS COME TO FREQUENCY 3.0!! ITS GONNA BE SIICKKK i PLAYED THE LAST ONE AND IT FUCKING KILLED IT

UK, Leicester

why are people for a single second implying that it was ever alive in the first place?

STARDRAIN, CA
chunter wrote:
dubmood wrote:

30 years is 1983. You can have being a teenager if you take the awkwardness and lack of skill that goes with it, but more importantly..

This thread came from a failure of perception and an overreaction, no need to take it so hard.

seriously. i was just talkin shit. no serious shit tho, im considerably a total newfag so dont take anything i say seriously, i just talk shit.
by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppddQZ3F_b0

STARDRAIN, CA
Alpine wrote:

why are people for a single second implying that it was ever alive in the first place?

I KNOW RIGHT  lolol

STARDRAIN, CA

I LOVE YOU ALLLL XOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOOXXO

Madriz, Supain
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

That time of the month

werguvaeirzhiduhjajajajajjhahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA WHAT THE HELL

STARDRAIN, CA
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

That time of the month

werguvaeirzhiduhjajajajajjhahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA WHAT THE HELL

hahah i almost died