where did you get those awesome c64 stickers? and the logo on the front

Dallas, Texas

The front plastic square logo I got out of the top of my VIC-1541 Floppy Drive. If you open up the enclosure it is attached only by some plastic clips I cut off and sanded down. I then painted the C= red and blue. The commodore "sticker" on the battery cover isn't actually a sticker, It is made out of thin metal. I again got it from the same VIC Floppy Drive. It was the front banner graphic right above the floppy slot, very much like the one featuring a rainbow on my 1541 drive pictured in my original post.

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Sep 23, 2013 11:26 am)

Thnaks for letting me know I'll have to post a picture of my Dmg when i get it all done

nowhere in particular

My new DMG, courtesy of greightbit.

Not as customised as some of the others here. But it's exactly what I wanted.

seattle

sick big_smile

nice looking drag and derp as well!

Madriz, Supain

nstory having your own color scheme sometimes is as cool as having wifi and rca cables and shit

+1

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:35 am)

nowhere in particular
Apeshit wrote:

Haha, cool! Looks like mine.

I actually considered doing it that way round!

I like that having red on the front really shows off the transparency. I was hoping the black on mine would be a bit more transparent than it actually turned out to be.

All the parts for mine came from your store. Unfortunately you ran out of the chrome screen protectors, had to get that elsewhere, for far too much money.

SuperBustySamuraiMonkey, I did consider other hardware mods, but decided the prosound and custom colour scheme was all I needed. If I got any other mods, I know I'd never use them.

seatrash, My old DMG has a 64m USB smart cart, but I had so much trouble getting that to work with Windows 8. Works fine on my Win7 PC, but my Win8 laptop just hates it to death. So I figured I'd invest in a dragnderp. Glad I did. It's quite awesome. Works perfectly.

Last edited by nstory (Sep 25, 2013 8:10 pm)

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:35 am)

nowhere in particular
Apeshit wrote:

The goal with the black color was that it was only translucent enough to shine light through. I think this was achieved well (like with the drag'n'derps).

Should've contacted me for chrome screen covers! I've got them here in Canada, there's just none at our US shop.

I'm very pleased with the cases overall. I was just expecting the black one to be a little bit more transparent. It's still great though.

I ordered this gameboy with greightbit, as I didn't trust myself to do it. So he bought all the parts for it.

It doesn't matter now. I got the DMG exactly as I wanted it.

When I have enough money, I may consider another one with a similar style, but with blue instead of black and clear instead of red. I'd probably want a silver screen cover for that one. So if I do ever get the money for that one, I'll keep it mind that you may actually have them in stock.

Last edited by nstory (Sep 25, 2013 8:32 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne
nstory wrote:

I like that having red on the front really shows off the transparency.

The back is what your audience sees if you play live!

ℑndiana ║█║▌║█║▌
nstory wrote:

Damn I was ganna do this and put Red case LED's in the back >.<
Back to zee drawing boards

Boise, ID

I'm really happy with how these turned out.

homemade cables ftw

UK, Leicester
ShintarouMusic wrote:

I'm really happy with how these turned out.

homemade cables ftw

Really nice dude, I think the orange and white go really well!

Finland

Yeah that looks real fine, man

Boise, ID

I'll post this here too, someone might find it useful.

If you ever need just a really basic mixer for 2xlsdj or whatever, this is super easy to make.

- Small case
- 4 1k Resistors
- 1 Or 2 short pieces of wire for ground
- 3 Stereo jacks

It doesn't look pretty but it's functional. My soldering skills aren't that great. tongue

Edit: The sound coming out will be fairly quiet, so you'll want to amplify it with something else. I just plug it into my computers mic input and run it through Audacity while writing.

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Oct 4, 2013 5:50 pm)