Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
nordloef wrote:
low-gain wrote:

record the channels individually and then gate the noise. smile

But since its an side effect of the actual samples playing in the wavechannel this wont do you any good, better to work with EQ with this "issue" if you are to record the channels individually.

agreed.

i think if you get good at creating your own samples you can minimize the issue. but it will never go away 100% and you just have to deal with it.
I personally dont use drum kits, so i'd only use the kits for other items.. if i need realistic drum sounds or something that a game boy can't make. i'll just sync via midi and trigger via external sequencer.

Geneva, NY
low-gain wrote:

i think if you get good at creating your own samples you can minimize the issue. but it will never go away 100% and you just have to deal with it.
I personally dont use drum kits, so i'd only use the kits for other items.. if i need realistic drum sounds or something that a game boy can't make. i'll just sync via midi and trigger via external sequencer.

This.  Logan's right.  If you hate the shitty sound of the kits on LSDJ, don't bother going to the trouble of recording separately and cleaning them up... just sync up to hi quality 808, 909, etc. sounds.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

exactly

San Antonio, Texas
low-gain wrote:

[.. if i need realistic drum sounds or something that a game boy can't make. i'll just sync via midi and trigger via external sequencer.

This.

But you can also sample some movie quotes or something from another song (Prime example: IAYD's 'Bite It' used a vocal sample from an Eminem song). If you find yourself really wanting to use the kits though, its best to lower the volume of the other channels so you better hear them in all their fuzzy glory.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

no argument there Star Fighter Dreams.

MA
arottenbit wrote:

fuck kits.
use that wave channel for some crazy basses or awesome kicks.
Put all your rhythmic stuff in the noise channel with some random traspose tables and win.

yes... I can work with the fuzz too. I just don't want to hear it in every song (personal preference)

@Celcius.... Wha? I don't want to waste time arguing, but thanks for the CC. And, I may appear "lazy" to you (probably to everyone in that matter) but my head is spinning.
I also spend my days working on LSDJ keyboards, Game Boy & NES mods...so (like others I'm sure) I have trouble balancing all that stuff, and composing music on LSDJ... can be a bit overwhelming at times.

Thanks for all yer input!