Brighton, United Kingdom

Just integrated graphics on my laptop

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Strange, it runs perfectly on my HP Mini with a stupid onboard Intel video chip. Seems to be a lack of OpenGL drivers.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Confirmed as working flawlessly on an MSI Wind U123 running Windows XP.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey Delek, one thing that'd be nice would be support for windows symbolic links. I have a very large folder of samples and I tried adding a shortcut to the folder into the Deflemask /samples directory but it doesn't parse the shortcut as a symbolic link (simply listing it as "shortcut.lnk"). If it's not too hard to add, it'd be a welcome addition.

Brighton, United Kingdom

Yeah, OpenGL drivers don't seem to be compatible with my laptop. Is there an alternative or should I build a new PC?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Really strange. An alternative is to run a virtual machine. xD Will be hilarous, but I run DefleMask virtually on Mac and Linux on my PC. If a virtual machine can process OpenGL stuff by software then I think that your PC has a strange video drivers problem.

Last edited by Delek (Oct 22, 2013 5:26 pm)

Brighton

Yo dawg, I put a virtual PC on yo' PC.

Tokyo, Japan

Delek I wonder if you would be interested in a couple of feature requests.

- "Continuous paste" ctrl + key = paste current selection to end of pattern. Really useful if you have a 16 step drum look you are happy with and want to fill a whole pattern with it.

- Operator mute. would need 4 keys, maybe F9 - F12 = turns off individual operators from instrument screen. This is a common feature on most of the yamaha FM synths and it is really useful for FM sound design.

- Pattern preview - show the upcoming pattern "greyed out" below the currently playing pattern, makes transitions a bit smoother!

LOVE the software by the way. Its fantastic.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Fixes to DefleMask, 9f update released!, more stability and a more or less continuous paste like the one that Lazerbeat requested.

CHANGELOG AND DOWNLOAD

Milwaukee, WI

Thumbs up! smile

NES GB land

Just inkase if the chipmusic community hasn't seen this yet, I have made a long list of bug fixes and new features to be added in the next DefleMask update.
More complaints and some requests.
Maximum number of instruments, macros, patterns Etc should be 256, not 127.
All of the gameboys noise pitches should be supported, and I really mien it! The Gameboys noise channel can go allot more higher than what I here in DefleMask, LSDJ can give you the full range of the Gameboys noise pitches.
Wave macros on the gameboy should reset their phase, but not every 60 frames per second.
Gameboy, add HW envelopes, pitch sweep, length counter and macros for panning for the GB.
Pitch macros, like in famitracker.
DPCM support and expansion sound for NES.
Replace crappy gameboy sound emulation with NEZplay.
Replace crappy NES sound emulation with blargs NES sound emulation.
make GB ROMs more compatible with emulators like KIGB, BGB Etc.
HES export for TG16 PCE.
Copy and paste MML macros from TXT files.
Make custom speeds work with the ROM and GBS exporter, and the others too.
MIDI import.
BBC micro, SN76489 clone.
YM2413 support.
Add copyright field.
BPM display.
KSS export.
AY-38910.
VIC-20.
ATARI POKEY.
Make NSFs compatible with older players like VirtuaNSF, NSFLive, VirtuaNES Etc.
SCC support for MSX.
Virtual Boy support.
Wonderswan support with WSR export.
NES ROM export.
GBC ROM export with customizable cullers for the text and background.
4xx should not cancel out any arp macros.
Transposing and fine tuning buttons.
End of list.
Now lets make this dream come true!

Last edited by djmaximum (Mar 19, 2014 3:12 am)

Buenos Aires, Argentina
djmaximum wrote:

Maximum number of instruments, macros, patterns Etc should be 256, not 127.

Why?, why not 512?, or 1024?, or infinite? xD

djmaximum wrote:

All of the gameboys noise pitches should be supported.

They are all supported.

djmaximum wrote:

Wave macros on the gameboy should reset their phase, but not every 60 frames per second.

You can't change the wave without resetting the phase.

djmaximum wrote:

GB and NES, add HW envelopes, pitch sweep, length counter and macros for panning for the GB.

The NES don't have HW envelopes, pitch sweep could be added, but I think that if I add pitch macros they will be not neccesary. Macro for panning could be a great idea.

djmaximum wrote:

Pitch macros, like in famitracker.

Bleehh

djmaximum wrote:

DPCM support and expansion sound for NES.

DefleMask is not Famitracker, I will not support expansion chips for now, it is a multi system tracker rather than a pure NES tracker. And why do we need DPCM support if we have 7Bits pure PCM. Only MuseTracker and DefleMask can achieve that type of sample playback, it is awesome and always better than the crappy DPCM support provided by most of trackers.

djmaximum wrote:

Replace crappy gameboy sound emulation with NEZplay.
Replace crappy NES sound emulation with blargs NES sound emulation.

??

djmaximum wrote:

make GB ROMs more compatible with emulators like KIGB, BGB Etc.

Actually, making the Volume Hack of GB work in the real HW, this is a TO DO.

djmaximum wrote:

HES export for TG16 PCE.

PCE is the only system lacking ROM export in DefleMask. I guess that it didn't have it because of the lack of a flash cartridge, I can't test the output. Sorry.

djmaximum wrote:

Copy and paste MML macros from TXT files.

Could be added.

djmaximum wrote:

Make custom speeds work with the ROM and GBS exporter, and the others too.

It works, why it shouldn't?, please if you post some report like this attach a module file and a exported rom.

djmaximum wrote:

A checkbox for the instrument setup, it could be a blank or a simple instrument.

?? I don't get it, what should be a "blank instrument?, currently you have FM or STD instruments.

djmaximum wrote:

BBC micro, SN76489 clone.
YM2413 support.

New systems will be added on DefleMask 10, Spectrum, NEO GEO are priorities.

djmaximum wrote:

Make NSFs compatible with older players like VirtuaNSF, NSFLive, VirtuaNES Etc.

DefleMask is fully compatible in the Hardware, if those players don't work is because they are not emulating well the trick that DefleMask uses to play the samples. Sorry. It was posted in NESDEV that the technic used by DefleMask is unique and a fully working way of playing back on the HW 7bits sample data at variable rates by using the frame counter.
Read the thread here:
http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9296
In fact, NSFPlay was updated ONLY to support this feature, that most of players were lacking.

I appreciate the feedback, but sometimes I think that you are expecting DefleMask to become another software (in this case Famitracker), that will never happen. They are completely different tracker approachs.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Delek (Mar 18, 2014 10:43 am)

NES GB land

Just inkase if Delek wants to do some further testing for the Gameboy, here is the link to the latest version of NEZplay.
http://offgao.no-ip.org/program/nezplug++.html
Also Blargs NES sound library.
http://www.slack.net/~ant/libs/audio.html#Nes_Snd_Emu

djmaximum wrote:

HES export for TG16 PCE.

PCE is the only system lacking ROM export in DefleMask. I guess that it didn't have it because of the lack of a flash cartridge, I can't test the output. Sorry.

I would be happy to give some money, to offer a turbo everdrive to Delek!

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Ok!, so after lot of work and tons of headaches DefleMask gets a new update! Stability is priority in this version.

DefleMask 9s (@05/14/14):
After lot of work and debugging (thanks r57shell, littlelamp100 and bod) the random crash was fixed!!, now the tracker is completely stable.
Now a backup module will be automatically saved in the DefleMask folder, this was added to prevent data loss if you suffer a crash or a power failure.
Better default Commodore 64 instrument.
Now vibratos will not cancel arpeggios (Backward compatibility warning: if you used that behavior to cancel arpeggios then you will have to add a 00 00 effect now to cancel it).
Fixed an issue regarding to module name while opening it trough the OS explorer and switching to another system while a song was already loaded.
Now you can click on names under the SAVE/LOAD file screen, before you needed to click on the folder/file tiny icons.
More demo songs!
Manual updated.

DOWNLOAD!

Sorry to dig up an old grave here but - did anyone ever have any success running DelfeMask in OS X 10.5.8?

Feel like I've tried everything out and am still stuck/haven't seen anyone be able to resolve this (aside from those running 10.6)