Buenos Aires, Argentina

The sound of the intro screen is playing at background?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

WOWW DefleMask 9c with Live Mode Released!

NEWS:
Added "The Live Mode", you can set loop points on the fly, add in the queue new patterns, clear the loop points with Ctrl+C, follow the song freely mute channels dynamically with Keyboard Shortcuts and more (please RTM for more details).
Now the SID chips (8550 & 6181) are emulated using reSID core, one of the most accurate SID emulator out there.
Fixed the volume thing on Game Boy rom builder, all songs are HW compatible now.
GBS export for Game Boy working perfectly.
Now you can press Ctrl+1/2/3 etc to mute channels dinamically.
Now the pattern data will be preserved while changing systems, Green Hill zone on NES sounds good!
Now the FM instruments will be initialized to a sounding configuration.
Now you can scroll faster the Instruments window by pressing the arrow buttons on the screen.
Fixed the keylayout window, now all keys are compatible and the window position is fixed.
Fixed a bug in the YM2612 emulator that was preventing some starting notes to sound.
Added various new Demo Songs: Toejam & Earl and Comix Zone tracks to Genesis, A Nude Tomorrow by Chip Champion to Game Boy and more.
Manual Updated.
Mac OS X, Linux and Windows builds updated.

DOWNLOAD!

CHANGELOG

The live mode is really great! You can do very crazy things with it. smile

.FILTHadelphia

Live mode! Delek you continue to amaze me.

Godzilladelph
Delek wrote:

The sound of the intro screen is playing at background?

yes! but the window just stays blank like that

btw, congrats on the newest build!

edit: I tried the latest build. still running into the same issue, sorry for being such a downer tongue

Last edited by SKGB (May 26, 2013 1:46 am)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

reSID is a great emulator but I was not re-initializing it while changing systems xD it is fixed now.

SKGB, you are on Windows, Mac or Linux?

Godzilladelph

windows 7

Buenos Aires, Argentina

"Have your midi keyboard type midi commands. Useful for programs that lack midi keyboard support, but could really use it, such as Deflemask."

A software that maps MIDI input into DefleMask commands and notes?, great!

https://code.google.com/p/midi2qwerty/

MIDI files to DMF!

http://gendev.spritesmind.net/forum/vie … php?t=1439

Last edited by Delek (May 27, 2013 8:37 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Nobody posted here in a month but I don't care! Another update!

DefleMask 9d Released with some requests added and a bug fix for Game Boy volume!

http://www.delek.com.ar/forum/changelogs/changelog-9/

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Time Trax rom for Genesis was released and after some investigations I discovered how was actually done that awesome vibrato guitar sound.
So, DefleMask 9e is Released with some nice addons in the vibrato part and some other things!:

New Vibrato stuff:
    Standard Effect Added: E3xx - Set Vibrato Mode (1=UP ONLY (like guitars), 2=DOWN ONLY, 0=both/normal)
    Standard Effect Added: E4xx - Set Fine Vibrato Depth.
    Fixed a bug regarding to vibrato depth of the YM2612 soundchip.
    Vibrato phase now is correctly reseted between vibrato commands.
Now if you switch between systems more data will be preserved (instruments, tempo, samples, wavetables, etc).
Now DefleMask will start with a default instrument already created. You don't have to go to Instrument list and click on New to make a sound (anti noob users feature tongue).
Bugs fixed.
Manual Updated.
Linux, Windows and OS X builds updated.

With those new vibrato effects and with some pretty presets you could easily get that Time Trax guitar sound.
I done a demo, check it out.

DOWNLOAD DEFLEMASK NOW

los angeles

will the ui ever get any nicer

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I don't know if it is your case, but lot of accustomed users to other trackers are getting crazy with DefleMask's interface, but I really don't care, I receive more messages regarding to the nice design of the UI rather than the others like, "the UI should be more like FamiTracker", "more like Renoise", "more like MilkyTracker", they will be also unhappy with FastTracker II, ProTracker and all others old-skool based interfaces so I don't worry.

DefleMask's UI is really nice actually, the problem is that some people don't have time or initiative to try to understand how it actually works or to read the manual.

Hope that's not your case, if it's not, I invite you to done a post in requests inside DefleMask's forum explaining what points of the UI should be changed.

Last edited by Delek (Jul 14, 2013 7:45 am)

los angeles

no i dont mean functionally i mean like graphically, all the included themes are pretty ugly and it doesn't seem like anyone's sharing custom themes at all

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Make your own skin, it is not hard. And you can post it and maybe you can revert that lack of sharing like you said.

Robotcity, the year 20XX

So, I just started fooling around with Deflemask and already have a ton of questions. I don't know if these subjects were already mentioned in this thread. If so, sorry. Here are my 2 questions:

1. Can you export a song to mp3 or wav?
2. Did anyone made a nice piano sound (like old school rave piano) with the genesis? If not, did anyone make a nice snare and kick outside the sample channel? Damn, I need a second sample channel big_smile

Buenos Aires, Argentina

You can export WAV by pressing on "Options" and after that in the "E. Wav" button. RTFM!

Regarding to the Piano sound, there are TONS of piano presets out there (search for y12, dmf, vgi packages), also you can export from ROMs by using Gens KMod and get, for example, the awesome piano used by Matt Furniss in Alien 3.

Last edited by Delek (Aug 14, 2013 11:52 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

I haven't even dipped a toe into deflemask but I have a question, is it possible to mix and match soundchips in a single project? EG 2 channels of GB WAV channel and 3 channels of SID?