Buenos Aires, Argentina

That was brilliant!, congratulations! smile

Canada

Thanks! smile

NES GB land

I wish GB support in DefleMask was a bit more stable, because for one thing, it needs to be improved very badly.
If you are going to use software envelopes, I would probably recommend you use XPMCK's routine, because it would be more compatible on real hardware rather then emulators like VBA. And the ROMs don't seem to load in KIGB anyway.

Last edited by djmaximum (Mar 11, 2013 5:08 am)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The GB soundchip is very strange and shitty compared to the other ones inside DefleMask, software envelopes are NOT supported by the actual hardware (but they work on some Emulators wtf?), so you are forced to use HW envelopes.

BUT, DefleMask will do the hack used by many sound engines like XPMCK (that consist in increase the current volume by 1 by writing lot of times 0x08 in the envelope register) to obtain true software envelopes. This will be added on next update, backward compatibility is guaranteed.

Last edited by Delek (Mar 11, 2013 9:58 pm)

NES GB land

In the next DefleMask update, Game boy sound emulation should be using NEZplay NEZplug's emulation code.

Last edited by djmaximum (Mar 11, 2013 11:25 pm)

Godzilladelph

The latest version of deflemask will start up and play the start up sound, and it will display the menu bar, but the rest of the screen will remain completely blank. Any ideas?

I'm running windows 7 64 bit.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Appears to be a skin related issue, please post here your config.ini file. Working fine here on Windows 7 64 Bits.

Godzilladelph

full_screen 0
window_width 1218
window_height 749
max_fps 50
current_skin redSky
sound_system GENESIS
sound_system_mode 0
highlight_a 16
highlight_b 8
buffer_size 1
play_on_load 1
skip_intro 0
waveform_viewer 1
horizontal_effects 0
keyslayout default

the skin originally read "default" i tried changing it to "redSky" but no luck

I didn't modify the config file at all after i downloaded it hmm

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Did you change your videocard drivers?, DefleMask worked on that pc right?

Godzilladelph

new computer tongue
harddrive failure on the last one
my graphics card is the Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

is there some driver update you think i'd need? (again, thank you SO MUCH for your assistance!)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Yeah, maybe OpenGL drivers. If the PC is new you should to install them, as in Linux you should install libraries and as in Mac you should to move the dylib to usr/ directory.

Sevilla, Spain
Jansaw wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjEGpo_MqZ8
Deflemask tune (Lab Hours) starts at 11:30. Three other lsdj tunes are also presented.

Man, this is RAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

What system did you use? Genesis I guess, but there's another fm synthesis chip in defle.

Delek, what about the live mode? I mean, this guys just shown how defle can be used live, but you asked in CC forums about suggestions for live Deflemask action, still this in your mind? big_smile

Larga vida a Deflemask smile

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thanks for the donation PaK-Zer0!

DefleMask 9c will be released soon with a live mode and MIDI Input.

Sevilla, Spain
Delek wrote:

Thanks for the donation PaK-Zer0!

DefleMask 9c will be released soon with a live mode and MIDI Input.

You totally deserve it dude. Deflemask is an awesome software, and today I made donations to the software developers like you that made awesome music trackers smile

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The live mode will consist mainly in loop points. You will be able to set the start and the end of a loop in the pattern matrix with left and right mouse buttons. Also I added dynamic channel muting (Ctrl+1/2/3/4/etc)

What more things could be added to the live mode?

Last edited by Delek (May 23, 2013 3:49 pm)

Godzilladelph

I checked, open gl is installed, my graphics drivers are up to date. This is what happens when I try to load up deflemask:

Basically, it loads, but I get a blank window. Thoughts?

(thanks again for the help, my friend!)