I just tried it on a computer with 10.6.8 and it worked there.  Must be an OSX version issue. Poop.

San Francisco

OSX wont work for me. I am running it on mountain Lion if that would make any difference.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Exactly why? It works on Mountain Lion.

Hey, this is great! Thanks! Overall works awesomely for me under Lion. The easiest way to get to /usr/local/lib/ is to paste it into Safari and it'll open it right up in the finder!I'm so used to FM on yamaha synths that the operator direction messed me up, I thought it would come out "1" not "4", thankfully I just adjusted everything until I figured it out. smile

The YMU759 doesn't work though and trying to use it will sometimes cause other instruments to stop working correctly, like when I switched to the c64 after I couldn't select different wave types. Another bug is that if I use alt + return to full screen and again to return to windowed mode, when I hit return again to play the pattern, it goes back to full screen.

I dunno how true you are trying to be, but I'd totally love to be able to use multiple "systems" at once. Maybe a pattern matrix matrix smile that lets you sequence all the different systems at once. Or changing the FM algorithms can sound really cool and an effect would be fun, but it'd be different from the genesis. 

The only thing I'd really dig is more keyboard use to do things like change the FM parameters and step through them or to enter one macro parameter, hit tab, enter, whatever and go to the next. Maybe Esc to toggle the instrument edit window open and closed?

Any plans to support Adlib tracker 2? It's sorta like the genesis, but with macros, the potential to use some different wave forms, additive synthesis and some other neat stuff. There are lots of great instruments for it. It's open source, so it might not be terrible to support...

Anyway, thanks again!

San Francisco

San Francisco

i am probably doing something wrong.

Chicago IL
Saskrotch wrote:

I dunno if it updated it since the alpha, and since I already did it, but if you can't get the mac version running, hit the Go menu in finder->Go to folder and type in /usr/, then drop the libSDL-1.2.0.dylib in the lib folder.

i wasn't paying a ton of attention to the video but since you opened the dylib file in terminal i figured this might be it

Last edited by Saskrotch (Feb 12, 2013 7:58 am)

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble using Delfemask. Every time I unzip the program and try to open it, it will close itself immediately after starting. But if I open it inside of the rar file, it works perfectly fine. I'm not sure what to do here. Anyone got any advice?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Maybe you have some non standard ascii characters in your desired path. Try to extract it to C:\DefleMask\.

Delek wrote:

Maybe you have some non standard ascii characters in your desired path. Try to extract it to C:\DefleMask\.

Nope, it didn't solve the issue. I'm still having the problem.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

You should extract all folders, skins, samples, wavetables, songs, etc. Are you extracting with the "relative paths" checked? Appears like an error in your decompress tool.

There's an error.log file in DefleMask's folder?

Buenos Aires, Argentina
wedanced wrote:

This issue should be gone after you move the libsdl file included with DefleMask to /usr/lib!

To my knowledge, it doesn't produce an error log, atleast in the main folder.

I'm running on Windows 7, so I don't have a lib file. Would this be an issue with how the program is configured?

EDIT: updating winrar helped alot in this. I did the relative path thing and it worked. Thanks alot Delek smile

Last edited by knightofthecolossus (Feb 15, 2013 10:04 pm)

San Francisco
Delek wrote:
wedanced wrote:

This issue should be gone after you move the libsdl file included with DefleMask to /usr/lib!

There is an issue with that for mountain lion users. As the mac comes there is no normal way to open/locate the library folder. I can access mine because i ran a command in terminal giving me access to the hidden files.

now that i am in the library I dont know where to place it as there is tons of folders. I tried just placing it in just the library folder but no luck. still no image found.

It might be better/easier to setup the directory path somewhere more accessible if we are manually dropping in the files. some of our youngsters dont remember command lines tongue

Last edited by wedanced (Feb 18, 2013 8:28 am)

Chicago IL

You shouldn't need a command line to get in there, unless they removed the Go to Folder in the Go menu in mountain lion?

Fargo
Delek wrote:
wedanced wrote:

This worked for me. Running OSX 10.6.8.