Minneapolis

Err, that should be CopyNES plus simple NTRQ= cheaper than powerpak. My bad, I had 16 pages to write and two tests today. I'm getting a little fried in the head. smile

PDX, PDX

Count me in as very interested.  I would be able to provide a donor cart as well.  Are there going to be labels made for this?

Minneapolis

Stencils + paint. Unless you'd like yours blank. smile

Riverside, CA

I'm very interested, and am willing to pay in advance.

Regarding labels, I'd love to see Thretris' label on it:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AunSIWoEFRo/S … qlabel.png

Minneapolis

Unless he does the label for ya, I won't be doing labels. Sorry, I just don't have the equipment.

Riverside, CA

Whatup Thretris? Willing to produce some labels?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Labels are easy, just go to a local copy shop with that image file and it'd probably be cheaper (no shipping) and higher quality than anything that Thretris himself could put together in mass quantity.  However, I really think he deserves recognition for such an awesome image.  Perhaps a paypal donation would be nice.

That's my plan, anyway.

Minneapolis

Well, if it's so easy I'll let my customers put labels on. smile

Plano, TX

I just want a pink cartridge shell for mine. sad

Central-ish VA
arfink wrote:

Ah well. More is always better. I seemed to recall in one of your earlier beta discussions you said it could handle one... guess it's time to actually read the manual. *embarrassed*

I still think that 256K is alot better than 8K, you could hold so many more songs. (256, I should think) Hehehe. Anyways, the non-expanded SRAM seems far more viable knowing this, but now it makes the expanded SRAM seem even more cool!

I know this is a few pages back, but I'd like to just bring my thanks to light as I'm just now hitting the thread.  I find my biggest issue with NTRQ is the need to change out .sav files shy of constantly because I can only fit one or two songs into the save file, something like this switch idea of yours is ideal.  Sure it's not software based, but I'm not at all worried about that, the ability to switch between saves (and therefore between loads of different songs) would be the point that determines my purchase or not.  Very grand idea, Arfink, I'd like to see how this all fits together, especially considering how NTRQ is so new and still changing all around us.  You lot always prove the be the best!

Earthling
PixyJunket wrote:

I just want a pink cartridge shell for mine. sad

Ever heard of spray paint!?

wink

Minneapolis

I can ship them blank if people want to paint. smile

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

yeah, i will definitely be interested in ordering one.
i use a NES top loader, if that makes a difference.
and i would pay the extra to have an updatable cart.
and i could send in a donor cart as well.

Last edited by xero (Apr 12, 2010 2:22 pm)

Minneapolis

Good news- I got my tools back! I had accidentally left 'em at home over spring break. Now to find the money for some parts and I can build my prototype! I have already got my donor cartridge ripped open and being analysed on my desk, and I'm doing the SRAM pinout check right now. My current battery looks OK for the moment, but it'll need to be replaced before too long. Oh, and I have removed the original chips which contained the crappy game (Al Unser Turbo Racing) so I'm ready to clean that up so I can get my socket-daughterboard installed at some point.

Well, now to find some R&D cash...
*digs through couch*
*finds a nickel, a dime, and 3 pennies*
"Well, this could take a while..."

Minneapolis

OK, R&D funding found, parts are gettin' ordered very soon. I think I'm going to settle on a nice 4Mbit NVSRAM so I can do 8 banks of save data with no need to ever worry about a battery.

For those who are curious, the NVSRAM acts just like a normal SRAM when powered up, but when power is removed it immediately transfers all the SRAM data into a special onboard non-volatile bank, from which it is restored when power comes back. They can supposedly maintain data integrity for at least 20 years with no battery, even when used intensively.

I'm also settling on 27c020 chips for my prototype, (instead of 27c040) since 512kilobytes is probably way overkill. But the pinout will be the same, so I could always drop one in later.

Assuming my prototype goes as planned I could be accepting preorders in as soon as 3 to 4 weeks, with production beginning when my summer vacation does.

))<>((

sorry if this has been answered already, but will these be reflashable?

if so, I'd be interested in one as well.