hiding under your bed

You don't need a Japanese system to play Japanese DS games. DS games are region free. The 3DS is region-locked, but that only applies to 3DS gamecarts and downloads.

Rhode Island

Glad I noticed there was a new page. Was just about to reply with the same comment.

Personally, I would wait for the M01D as you can now save to the SD card on the 3DS. I have the cart but I will definitely be getting the M01D just for this (well and the convenience of having it always on my DS). Plus you can exchange songs via wifi.

Madriz, Supain
PianoGameboy wrote:

You don't need a Japanese system to play Japanese DS games. DS games are region free. The 3DS is region-locked, but that only applies to 3DS gamecarts and downloads.

WAIT, so this isnt a 3ds only release?

(I still think the 2ds is a better option for playing live, tho)

I love my white old DS. This is ONLY good news.

Rhode Island

The M01D will be available on the 3DS eShop.

PianoGameboy was saying that DS games are not region locked including the M01. So if you already had a 3DS/DS and wished to use the cart you do not need a japanese console.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
2PLAYER wrote:

Glad I noticed there was a new page. Was just about to reply with the same comment.

Personally, I would wait for the M01D as you can now save to the SD card on the 3DS. I have the cart but I will definitely be getting the M01D just for this (well and the convenience of having it always on my DS). Plus you can exchange songs via wifi.

dont forget the midi export, if you can swap midi out you can probably swap it in.

Illinoisenoisenoise

kinda excite for this imma be honest.

Ohio
@Detune_Info wrote:

Finally Korg M01D will be released in Europe this week!

France will have to wait until December for some reason, but good news all around!  Come on NoA!!!

from http://www.palmsounds.net/2013/11/news- … einfo.html

BTS wrote:

It could also be a 3DS version of "iYM2151"
http://www.detune.co.jp/iym2151.html

I've been very jealous of the iYM2151, but after fooling around with the PWM of the Osc2 of the korg DS-10, you can make 1 operator or  limited 2 operator FM sounds just like the iYM2151 on the Korg ds-10, I put up my first genesis test on my soundcloud (gxscchater), and working on a another detail genesis style track from the Korg Ds-10 plus.

Korg M01d comes out tommorow for both europe and americas!

Last edited by drexegar (Nov 6, 2013 7:44 pm)

Ohio

Confirmed North America Release from Polygon!  SWEEEEEEEET!!!!  I checked the Nintendo website, and it's up.  I haven't checked the eShop to see if it's in there.  I can't wait to get it!

drexegar wrote:

I've been very jealous of the iYM2151, but after fooling around with the PWM of the Osc2 of the korg DS-10, you can make 1 operator or  limited 2 operator FM sounds just like the iYM2151 on the Korg ds-10, I put up my first genesis test on my soundcloud (gxscchater), and working on a another detail genesis style track from the Korg Ds-10 plus.

I thought I saw some patch examples of basic FM over at the DS-10 forum. You might want to head over there and check it out.

Last edited by BTS (Nov 7, 2013 3:04 pm)

Rhode Island

I checked this morning. It was there but you could not purchase yet. Listed at $34.

Illinoisenoisenoise

got it today, loving it so far.

Taichung, Taiwan

Purchased it an hour ago. The interface and layout is very intuitive. The simplicity it its design makes it a beautiful program... for me at least. I love it.

BTS wrote:

I thought I saw some patch examples of basic FM over at the DS-10 forum. You might want to head over there and check it out.

I post there all the time, but I haven't seen any FM patches or techniques there, but some people have done it in the past, but did not share, Probably because they stumbled on to it and didn't realize it, or there selfish lol. Along with my nes/gameboy tutorial, I'll be posting a tutorial on genesis music once I get some good sound out of it.

If your interested I have two works of genesis stuff on top of my soundcloud page here: https://soundcloud.com/gxscchater

If anybody is interested, I purchased the KorgM1D and made an info sheet on what I found and tried to see if the app was compatible with the other KorgM1.

I posted the information here: http://www.ds10forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1925

So its pretty great and worth the money.

Taichung, Taiwan

What I really appreciate about Korg M01D is that the interface that is used on the touch screen is very useable with the 3DS/2DS screens. I have Rhythm Core Alpha 2 and the interface is really small on the standard size touch screen and should really be used on the 3DS XL.

katsumbhong wrote:

What I really appreciate about Korg M01D is that the interface that is used on the touch screen is very useable with the 3DS/2DS screens. I have Rhythm Core Alpha 2 and the interface is really small on the standard size touch screen and should really be used on the 3DS XL.

Yeah I had rythym core alpha 1 and yeah those buttons were tiny even for a DSI with the little bigger screen. I don't mess with too many DS music programs anymore, even though I have a whole bunch of them, but I just threw down almost 40 bucks on Korg M01D.

May I ask how is rythym core alpha 2 compared to part 1?