I've been going crazy over this. I'm trying to back up my files from LSDJ, but I can't get GB USB to detect anything. It just says "device disconnected." I looked at a similar post here, but it didn't help. I signed all the EMS files with DSEO, tried rebooting my computer and disabling the signature thing, but nothing. For some reason, the problem seems to be that I can't use the EMS files for the driver. Every time I try update driver software with them, it just says "windows could not find driver software for your device." Please help if you can!

Michigan

Damn, these have gone up in price....
http://www.amazon.com/MEGA-MEMORY-CARD- … emory+card

I'd rather not get one, because of the price, and because I'd rather just stick to usb and keep it simple, if possible.

matt's mind

it sounds like you might be trying to auto-install the drivers, if so, thats the issue most likely.

you'll have to do it all manually.  meaning, tell the prompt exactly where the files are, don't let it search for them at all. 

the auto-install process which works for most other drivers won't work with these.  gotta manually point the prompt to the right file folder

if your install doesn't work, i've found its best to start over again with entirely fresh files.  go through the whole process again with new files.  something in the install changes them in some way, restarting with fresh ones help quite a bit for many people

also, use a USB port directly on the computer (not through a hub or something).

Yeah, I've been doing it manually (directly to USB as well), selecting the folder where the files are, but it doesn't work for some reason. I suppose I'll try and start all over again then. Thanks, I'll report back after.

also, may be a silly question, but i figure i'd better ask just in case. my LSDJ cart isn't like the black carts. it's one of the clear ones. should that affect anything?

Internet
tonesworth wrote:

I've been going crazy over this. I'm trying to back up my files from LSDJ, but I can't get GB USB to detect anything. It just says "device disconnected." I looked at a similar post here, but it didn't help. I signed all the EMS files with DSEO, tried rebooting my computer and disabling the signature thing, but nothing. For some reason, the problem seems to be that I can't use the EMS files for the driver. Every time I try update driver software with them, it just says "windows could not find driver software for your device." Please help if you can!

Yo dude are you using Windows 8? Because it is a ROYAL PAIN to get those working with it. But I DID find out a solution.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … -safe-mode

Follow the directions there. Pick the option that allows you to "disable driver signature enforcement". Try manually installing the drivers then.

This took me a LONG time to figure out and I was having panic attacks trying to get the damn thing to be recognized but now it works like a charm. Hope this helps :>

So I tried redownloading everything and doing everything from scratch. Same results. sad For some reason, it seems like I just can't install the drivers no matter what.

@Hulex, I'm running Windows 7, but I had tried the "disable driver signature enforcement" thing before, and again now. Same thing. sad Thanks though dude.

NYC

I haven't checked the driver download sources in a long time, but I remember something:  the driver that was put up for download was bad.  It had a bad location in it or something.  Look through the download pages & scroll down the comments.  Somewhere deep in the comments, someone put up a link to the fixed version of the driver that they fixed themselves.  I don't know if that's ever been updated on the page yet, but it may be worth looking for.

Lun-dun

I'm pretty sure I followed a YouTube video to get mine done. It was a pain but it worked. I think the little CD that came with my cart had a link to the video/site/whatever, actually. I'm not home right now so I can't check, sorry!

Yeah, I got my links from a YouTube video as well. Most of the comments said they worked for them too, so it seems that that's not the problem.

Anyone have any ideas they can offer me? I really need to backup my files, and this is driving me crazy! I just can't find out what's wrong!

Michigan

Know anyone with an older computer?

Taichung, Taiwan

Virtual Machine Windows XP.

Okay guys, so I tried using Windows XP Mode in Windows 7. Tried signing all the files and everything just like I did before in 7. Same thing, just with an XP flavoring over it. I'm losing my mental stability here lol. Tomorrow I think I'll try to use my sister's laptop and start from scratch there. She's actually running Windows XP, so hopefully that'll help. But idk. Thanks again for all your help. smile

So I just tried using my sister's laptop. I was mistaken, she has Vista. But still, I tried redownloading at the files and starting from scratch. Same steps. No. Success. I'm losing it. Wtf am I doing wrong?! sad