matt's mind

Kitsch-Bent has a table at the Moogfest 2014 Tech Expo this year.  !!!  (and kool skull does some sick art, doesn't he???)

We'll be at the (free to attend) Tech Expo on April 25th and the 26th, with a pretty large booth and you all had better stop by and say hello if you are in town!

The Tech Expo is here:

Renaissance Asheville Hotel
31 Woddfin Street
Asheville, NC 28801

It's right near the I-240 and Merrimon Ave. intersection, if you're familiar with Asheville.  And, right next to Thomas Wolfe Auditorium where (if you are going to the fest) you'll probably be hearing someone speak/play anyways, so walk on over!

Can't wait to meet everyone I haven't already, especially some of you locals. 

Please come, I'm working my butt off to get some very big things done before the fest and want you guys to play with them.  I'm hoping to have the loudest booth in the convention hall, I'm trying to get the details for what my restrictions are right now on noise.

Excitement!!!!  Pretty rad

Info/links:
Moogfest 2014
Kitsch-Bent
The Location

What is Moogfest?
Since 2004, Moogfest has been a gathering for the musicians that worked closely with Bob and his instruments. When Moog Music brought the festival home to Asheville in 2008, it adopted a three-day multi-stage format to include contemporary bands and producers that exemplify the innovative spirit of electronic music. This year, Moogfest is amplifying its vision to include a conference of conversations and creative collaborations that eclipse any typical festival. Moogfest is charting the course for a future of unknown sight and sound. (taken from moogfest.com)

What is the Tech Expo?
On April 25th and 26th attendees will have the opportunity to experience and meet the companies that are creating the tools and technology of tomorrow. Attendees will also have the ability to network with and discover employment opportunities with the companies that are present. (taken from moogfest.com)

Asheville?
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, Asheville is a charming yet surprisingly cosmopolitan city. Asheville’s rich architectural legacy is the perfect retro-urban backdrop to the forward thinking environment created by the local population. Known as an artist colony, a healing resort and a home to notable luminaries, statesmen and bohemians, Asheville is one of the most welcoming and vibrant cities in the United States of America.

Asheville, NC is convenient to 4 neighboring states: TN, SC, VA, & GA and is no more than four hours drive from Atlanta, Charlotte, Knoxville and Raleigh.

Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) offers nine non-stops and easy connections through major US hubs . (taken from moogfest.com)

matt's mind

reserved for swag

matt's mind

reserved for (possible) busking stuff

Milwaukee, WI

Hnnnnnnnnggg.  I have to win this circuit bending contest now.  HAVE TO

Tacoma WA

You going. To catch the subotnick performance?

matt's mind

i have zero idea....  i'm not sure what free time i'll have (especially on these two days), but i'm going to eat it up as much as possible and do everything i can (got passes with the table for the rest of the fest and everything else thats going on)

This is during my dead week during school before Spring exams. I will be doing everything in my power to try and make it to this.

matt's mind

Is there anyone here that's definitely planning on being at Moogfest?  I know its a touch early...  would like to start keeping a list now in case i'm allowed to let guests plug in for some entertainment

still trying to find out the limitations on that bit.

?????

Abandoned on Fire

w00t! That's a weekend I'm off work so it's going on the calendar AS OF NOW. Super excited to see what you have in store for this!!

Dude I'm totally going to moogfest.

United States

Man, I'll see what I can do to go there. I'd love to see what's going on and meet you in person. Luckily, living in NC myself, it shouldn't to bad of a trip.

Michigan

But seriously, what are you unveiling? :serious:

clovis CA

Kinda unrelated, but veronica corningstone from anchorman was from Asheville NC. fun fact smile

Brunswick, GA USA

I have a list of people to try to meet there including Dr. Moog via seance. Best of luck and please don't bend a working Minimoog.

matt's mind

(Moog died in 2005)

Tacoma WA

The list of people playing is insane synth wise