Nomad's Land

shipping is in fact a bit steep, especially on large quantities. as rg said, it'd be more fun to have them printed locally and it could actually save quite a bit of money.

@8gb thanx for the link, i completely missed out on that "scandal"

Kiel, Germany
Lazerbeat wrote:

Stuff you could do with the money.

Hookers for lunch.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
low-gain wrote:

if only there was a Kunaki for vinyl. hahaha

i hear that, detroit has a few places that cut, but its not even worth the money.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
DJCactus wrote:
low-gain wrote:

if only there was a Kunaki for vinyl. hahaha

i hear that, detroit has a few places that cut, but its not even worth the money.

jeff, just get marbled vinyl as it's cheaper. price them accordingly and its worth it in the end, and by that i mean you wont lose money.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
octavialsilver wrote:
DJCactus wrote:

jeff, just get marbled vinyl as it's cheaper. price them accordingly and its worth it in the end, and by that i mean you wont lose money.

i'd rather pay a little more for quality than get cheap vinyl.
the last thing i want are my records being played out after only a few plays.
on top of that.. low-end is typically lost on cheap vinyl... i refuse to sacrifice quality just cuz it costs less. even if i have to sit on 100 of the 300 i pressed.

Last edited by low-gain (Apr 14, 2010 5:39 pm)

IL, US
low-gain wrote:
octavialsilver wrote:

on top of that.. low-end is typically lost on cheap vinyl... i refuse to sacrifice quality just cuz it costs less. even if i have to sit on 100 of the 300 i pressed.

this is why im skipping on using marbled vinyl, its just a rough trade off to save 15% or so on the pressing and have a reduction in quality, when the high quality is a key benefit to vinyl over other formats to begin with

FERNDALE, MI, USA
e.s.c. wrote:
low-gain wrote:

this is why im skipping on using marbled vinyl, its just a rough trade off to save 15% or so on the pressing and have a reduction in quality, when the high quality is a key benefit to vinyl over other formats to begin with

man i never knew the quality dropped with marbled vinyl. sad

IL, US

yeah the marbled vinyl is cheap cause its the scraps from making other people's records

FERNDALE, MI, USA
e.s.c. wrote:

yeah the marbled vinyl is cheap cause its the scraps from making other people's records

i knew that but didn't know about the shit quality. hmm

BOSTON8BIT, MA

Coming in here to evangelize for Kunaki, I was already taken in by the low pricing and wasn't even aware of how simple the whole process is. Had low expectations for the album art, but it came out just as good as Reverbnation which was charging me upwards of $5.30/disc with shipping. Kunaki is it for me from now on!

Wheeling, WV

How's the playback and actual quality of the disc? I imagine this uses CD-Rs and not real CDs.

Last edited by hotmessization (Sep 12, 2010 4:48 pm)

Westfield, NJ
hotmessization wrote:

How's the playback? I imagine this uses CD-Rs and not real CDs.

Um I looked into Kunaki and they have a legit CD manufacturing facility so these are NOT CD-Rs.

Yuma, AZ

I didnt know this existed. I am forever in your debt heart.

I'm using Trepstar.com for my cds.  I tried them a few years ago and the quality wasn't that great.  I was tired of all the problems i've had with kunaki so I switched back.  And to my surprise, the quality is now much better.  Am I just thinking it's better?  Anyone else use trepstar.com?

Saint Paul, MN
Decktonic wrote:
hotmessization wrote:

Um I looked into Kunaki and they have a legit CD manufacturing facility so these are NOT CD-Rs.

I had one of my old old EPs made with Kunaki and it is a CD-R (green bottom). This was 2008 so maybe it's changed since then, but.

hardcore, Australia
Decktonic wrote:
hotmessization wrote:

I'd say it's most likely CD-Rs.

The quantities they produce are no where near enough to warrant cutting a die for.