katsumbhong wrote:

I just remembered why I try to stay away from people who were born in the 90's.

born in 90's
not a complete twat.

I guess its completely opinionated, but I'm almost certain.

Last edited by DESUMATE (Jan 10, 2014 9:16 am)

Santa Cruz, California

Other serious question:
What makes you think anyone would pay that much for a simple inside painted clearboy with use NES buttons?
My cheap DMG's are more elaborately modded and painted.
Also (not sure if anyone mentioned this) the PiL gameboys weren't released in 1989... I think it was 92-93?
Glad you tried modding, but if you hope to sell anything, you need to be more realistic with your pricing.

If I couldn't sell this one for $120, your gold thing has no hope.

NC in the US of America

The Golden Gameboy Saga Continues.

I hereby decree that any and all rippy-offy modded Gameboy sales from now on be referred to as "Golden Gameboys"
Edit: And it's even more golden if the seller sees the error of his ways and repents beautifully.
Edit: And repents horrendously.

Also (not sure if anyone mentioned this) the PiL gameboys weren't released in 1989... I think it was 92-93?

sandneil wrote:

the clear version came out in 1995

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jan 10, 2014 1:47 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan
The Silph Scope wrote:

Serious question. How old are you?

His poker page says he's 18, and that he's been working on his poker face since he was 12.

Boulder, CO

You guys seriously should find something better to do than get butthurt when someone tries to sell something for a price you don't like. Nobody in the community would get ripped off because  they already know the going price for gameboys and nobody outside the community would even consider buying a gameboy for more than $1. You're all spending too much money on silly gameboys already.

americasteam7 wrote:

Oh yeah. Then why do I already have 4 watchers on it?

I'd just like to add that watchers on eBay mean absolutely nothing.  I have 2 Gameboys that are much better than yours that I've had on eBay for a couple months.  They usually get up to 3-5 watchers each time I list but they haven't sold or even had an offer put forward.  So yea, don't pay attention to watchers.  Sometimes I watch items just so I can the final sell price so I know if I need to lower my prices on similar items.

UK, Leicester

I knew this thread would get so much shit, I didn't want to be the first person to post, so I ignored it when I saw it yesterday.

Nice to know the community is still doing whatever thing it thinks it's doing to benefit the itself.

The DMG looks tacky, and the price is way to high, I get charging for labour, but that's fucking absurd.

Alpine wrote:

I knew this thread would get so much shit, I didn't want to be the first person to post, so I ignored it when I saw it yesterday.

Nice to know the community is still doing whatever thing it thinks it's doing to benefit the itself.

The DMG looks tacky, and the price is way to high, I get charging for labour, but that's fucking absurd.

OPINION

americasteam7 wrote:
Alpine wrote:

OPINION

How could you say its tacky? the paint job is perfect. The only issue is that the battery door isn't quite the exact same color as the rest of the system. Its gorgeous. Maybe the photos are making it look terrible to you guys. Should I take new ones?

NC in the US of America

You're not helping yourself by doing that, but then you probably aren't trying to. Are you still trying to sell this here? Cuz if not I'm nominating this thread for closure :\

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jan 10, 2014 4:43 pm)

Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Other serious question:
What makes you think anyone would pay that much for a simple inside painted clearboy with use NES buttons?
My cheap DMG's are more elaborately modded and painted.
Glad you tried modding, but if you hope to sell anything, you need to be more realistic with your pricing.

If I couldn't sell this one for $120, your gold thing has no hope.

I do have to say, that is a nice game boy.

SketchMan3 wrote:

You're not helping yourself by doing that, but then you probably aren't trying to. Are you still trying to sell this here? Cuz if not I'm nominating this thread for closure :\

Dude this thread is insane how absurd it is. I admit that i am the ring leader of stupidity here. But this thread belongs in the hall of fame!! Don't close it! Do you want to buy my game boy? lol jk

katsumbhong wrote:
The Silph Scope wrote:

Serious question. How old are you?

His poker page says he's 18, and that he's been working on his poker face since he was 12.

yeah im 18. and my poker face is a bit better.

Unsubscribe

From hell's heart this thread stabs at thee.

herr_prof wrote:

From hell's heart this thread stabs at thee.

Want to buy a gold game boy?

Sweeeeeeden

One day you're going to look back at this thread and think to yourself that it was pretty silly. Until then, farewell, thread!