Alive and well in fucksville

Various people who have crappy grammar and assorted mental illnesses would like to not have to be politically correct. What if we turn away the next Mozart?
to a new member there are a lot of red flags. people troll waaay too much... it gives the scene an unwelcoming vibe.
cant it just be fun???

Last edited by bitjacker (Feb 15, 2014 6:23 pm)

If you can take the heat, stay out of the kitchen son.

IL, US

well if the next mozart is a bigoted asshole with no ability to behave decently on a public forum, i dont need to know him or her..
id rather they go fuck off and keep any members who they may drive off with their behavior

DESUMATE wrote:

I let stuff roll off. Just seen some people eaten alive on here...
some poor dude tries to sell a gameboy... if a person could get a black eye from the internet... he got a fat lip.
who would shop at a store that had a tsa agent doing body cavity searches at the door?

Last edited by bitjacker (Feb 15, 2014 6:39 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
DESUMATE wrote:

Pretty much.

Alabama

Your first problem is the title - assuming that mods over-patrol these forums. Personally, I see a massive lack of moderation relative to how many moderators we have (though most aren't active).

IL, US
MaxDolensky wrote:

Your first problem is the title - assuming that mods over-patrol these forums. Personally, I see a massive lack of moderation relative to how many moderators we have (though most aren't active).

think only 3 of the 15 still actively mod the forums

I am not complaining or trolling. Being a mod seems like lots of free work. Maybe like building houses for free after a hurricane...
where are all of them? i see nitro kitsch and infradead.... seems like a hell of a workload for 3 people. (theres only 8 people on here?)

Last edited by bitjacker (Feb 15, 2014 7:37 pm)

Minneapolis

I dunno, CMO seems fairly well behaved, and has far FAR less drama than, say, neo-geo.com forums.

UK, Leicester

cm.o is like so nice compared to the rest of the internet, there are way less bans on here than other forums I visit. I think that the mods keep this place in check well enough, and that the site has a certain character to it. If someone is turned away by the bad language and offensive shit that happens here, then they're probably so much of a wuss to be able to deal with the internet.

tl;dr no, pussy niggas back off

IL, US
bitjacker wrote:

where are all of them? i see nitro kitsch and infradead.... seems like a hell of a workload for 3 people. (theres only 8 people on here?)

those would be the three who are actively moderating these days... the bottom of every page on this site has a link to view the full list of staff... the reason so many are inactive is that generally, one doesn't quit staff on the site (think its only been me and low-gain who have), just does more or less work depending on what they feel up to at the time.. and if you look at that list, you can understand how those individuals might be a little busy

why cant there be a spot on forums that mods cant edit or close... then like have a disclaimer. it would be like mad max

Last edited by bitjacker (Feb 15, 2014 8:18 pm)

Unsubscribe

UK, Leicester
bitjacker wrote:

why cant there be a spot on forums that mods cant edit or close... then like have a disclaimer. it would be like mad max

why don't you just go on 4chan?

got banned for making the internet echo forever. it was a good idea at the time.... i was stoked to have gotten my kaoss mixer.
had to make a new profile coz a contest was coming up... thats a different place

Last edited by bitjacker (Feb 15, 2014 8:30 pm)

Finland

I see the problem rather as: new people get on here and instantly end up in a slapfight with whoever had any agenda to speak their mind, not pussyfooting around a subject and just hammer it home right off the bat.

So: The ultimate solution would be: New users (and old): Chill. Everyone gets along better that way, believe it.