IL, US

who the fuck is alex jones?

matt's mind

a right wing conspiracy nut, closet racist, the list goes on....

he has a radio/web show and such.  think about all the crazy conspiracies in the tea party (the worst ones), bottle them up into a person, piss him off, and thats alex jones

California
Mrwimmer wrote:

It's true that sometimes that sometimes we can be a little harsh on new people, but it seems like new posters here just have a tendency to dive in without even trying to get a sense of how stuff works around here.

This. Lurking around even just a little makes integrating into the community a lot less painful. Sure you'll still mess up sometimes but at least you'll have a better idea why people are angry at you.

Last edited by VCMG (Feb 16, 2014 6:06 pm)

IL, US

not using words that are negative/derogatory towards people based on race/ethnicity/sexuality/etc would help too.

TSSBAY01
VCMG wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

It's true that sometimes that sometimes we can be a little harsh on new people, but it seems like new posters here just have a tendency to dive in without even trying to get a sense of how stuff works around here.

This. Lurking around even just a little makes integrating into the community a lot less painful. Sure you'll still mess up sometimes but at least you'll have a better idea why people are angry at you.

qft.. and not only that, it gives you a good idea of the mode and pacing of the people within that community. for the most part, all of us have a pretty deadpan sense of humor here, but i dont know if any of us use it in bad taste. other than me. and most of the time i feel bad for it because i am conscious that it is a little too far, and especially with new users. but its because they dont do just that. cm.o is a huge depository of information and most questions short of CC or trading post concerns can be answer here, i'd say 95% of the time. of course you cant read the sum of the whole of an entire forum. but you can try ;D

matt's mind

more like frasier

less like friends

Nottingham, UK

If you've ever used the something awful forums you'll know the moderation here is pretty tame.

e.s.c. wrote:

not using words that are negative/derogatory towards people based on race/ethnicity/sexuality/etc would help too.

Srsly bro u act like I said h8 speech. Lrn 2 context and not overreact. 

Also u swarez 2much4me.  (warez r against teh rules u should check them)

IL, US

i'm really not concerned in any way about your opinion of me, based on your behavior. there are a fair number of members of the chip community who are gay/lesbian/bi/transgender and they're nice people, unlike you.. so i'd rather offend you if it means you can stop using words that some of them have had thrown at them hatefully for years just because you're immature enough to think its funny to laugh about

Last edited by e.s.c. (Feb 16, 2014 7:59 pm)

no no, please do be the one to provide the crutch you say they do not need. Also, I support humans, color shape size or type are not a factor to me. Via context you would have found out that I am not accually is homophobic.

ask anyone who deals with me, I am just a friendly dude who tries his best to give people the best expericne possible when dealing with or buying things off of me. Hell I even fix stuff for cheap or free for people on these forums. Only of course after a rigorous questionnaire about gender, race, and sexual preference.

Taichung, Taiwan

I love everyone here. I just wanted to throw that out there. Even the super immature ones. CM.o love.

IL, US

i wouldnt say that trying to make this small corner of the internet free of homophobic slurs is a crutch... you should always keep in mind that forum posts are read without the person knowing you and shouldnt be something that requires the person reading it personally know you

What? A thread about(?) slugs is OBVIOUSLY homophobic. I guess I should have given pre-context

Sorry, you are correct.

12ianma wrote:

no no, please do be the one to provide the crutch you say they do not need. Also, I support humans, color shape size or type are not a factor to me. Via context you would have found out that I am not accually is homophobic.

ask anyone who deals with me, I am just a friendly dude who tries his best to give people the best expericne possible when dealing with or buying things off of me. Hell I even fix stuff for cheap or free for people on these forums. Only of course after a rigorous questionnaire about gender, race, and sexual preference.

Support or not, you still shouldn't go around saying words that have the potential to be harmful in a public forum where you cannot be sure whether or not someone will be triggered. Context does not erase the magnitude of a word for some.

Did you even see the thread b4 the edit?

kitsch wrote:

more like frasier

less like friends

If you can't handle the heat, return to your appointed French Tuscan Villa and order the caviar mild.

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by an0va (Feb 16, 2014 8:40 pm)