Matthew Joseph Payne

I already ordered one, but not for LSDJ, for "everything else" - I can load it with games and one-off music tools (like muddyGB, shitwave, etc etc) and keep my LSDJ carts always set up. And always have Mega Man to play on tour! wink

Canada

Man... this is so temping!
If it's anything like the sega everdrive, I'd image you just shove the card in a card reader + usb and mac picks it up. Super easy. I'm also curious about how the sav's will function.
"SRAM auto backup on SD card"
Multiple saves can be stored/backedup/accessed on the sd?

Last edited by Jansaw (Mar 29, 2014 11:50 pm)

Sweeeeeeden
Timbob wrote:

What's the situation with multi rom and multi sav on these?
And can littleFM do multiple sav's?

Having multiple ROMs on the SD card is sort of the point of the cartridge. LittleFM wouldn't support any special features of this cartridge, however I would still recommend using it (on any cartridge) for the faster and safer loading of songs, replacing that functionality of the built-in file manager. I could probably make special functionality for the Everdrive cart if I had access to one, but it would probably work and be easier to have multiple copies of the ROM on the SD card.

kineticturtle wrote:

I already ordered one, but not for LSDJ, for "everything else" - I can load it with games and one-off music tools (like muddyGB, shitwave, etc etc) and keep my LSDJ carts always set up. And always have Mega Man to play on tour! wink

More plugging. In case you didn't know, LittleFM does support some multi-ROM functionality for EMS cartridges. LSDj+as many small ROMs as you can fit, as long as the other ROMs don't use SRAM. It takes some manual setup currently, though.

Wish there was a little more info and pics. Is this compatible with mac?

Last edited by L-tron (Mar 30, 2014 2:13 pm)

It's compatable with anything that can read/write to the micro sd. so even with things like android phones.

There isn't really much info that needs to be published for it, other than it's mapper support (which is published)

Italy

Any European resellers for this one?

Kitsch when will you have them in your store?

matt's mind

not sure when the package will arrive, that's the delay!  stock is taken care of, just not here yet hmm

Alabama

Curious, what will the cartridge case situation be? smile

Philadelphia, PA

Damn, this does not have support for the expansion audio abilities of the Game Boy.  The FPGA could emulate some of the duplicate code for 2a03 expansion chips and others; such as SID, TIA with DPC, Ensoniq DOC, etc.  The Game Boy, with the right memory mappings, could power as many as the FPGA could hold in memory; and possibly in duplicates.  Not sure if audio out is necessary on the cart or not.

Last edited by B00daW (Apr 13, 2014 4:17 am)

matt's mind

^ kk_gb_8m does this essentially, but isn't quite ready for release (on board direct digital synth).  and is also not a sd card cart ha

matt's mind

check it out

Philadelphia, PA

very interesting method of synthesis and timing...  is it just the one channel?

Last edited by B00daW (Apr 13, 2014 4:45 am)

matt's mind

yep.  it was done with the audio input pin (Vin in pandocs) on the edge connector in mind, so is mono you'll notice too.  however, the way the cart is designed it could be routed wherever you'd like really, not just through the console.  would need amped

Alabama
kitsch wrote:

yep.  it was done with the audio input pin (Vin in pandocs) on the edge connector in mind, so is mono you'll notice too.  however, the way the cart is designed it could be routed wherever you'd like really, not just through the console.  would need amped

For those of you who rock 2xLSDJ setups and/or use DJ mixers, the AUX in channel featured on some mixers would be EXCELLENT for this.

Unsubscribe

Aux ins are seldom amped though.. Its not a line level signal right?