TSSBAY01

total nerds itt

Sweden
qb wrote:

I know what you're saying. I'm talking about the original definition, which was a bit more particular than that.

You are talking about an assumed definition that you haven't really verified. The only academic source I could lazily find that deals with the origin of the term to some extent disagrees with your idea that chipmusic was primarily used in reference of C64 music.

Vellain wrote:

uuuuugghhhhh... -.- such pointless squabbling. Genre shouldn't really matter. The fact that you have to label your music as this or that means that you're confining your view of yourself and your music to what others have been and are doing. Musicianship--the skillfull composition and execution of your music--is what really should matter. Make music to make music; what other people have to say is irrelevant so long as you derive enjoyment from your music.

You are the one making pointless meta-arguments. "Genre shouldn't matter" might be a relevant perspective with regards to the original question but you aren't making a good case for it by telling us how music should be enjoyed. I am sure everyone involved in this discussion are able to enjoy music irrespective of what they think is a reasonable way to categorize it. If there is any weight to "Genre shouldn't matter" at all you should agree that categorizing music doesn't necessarily impose on the process of creating it.

Douglas, Wyoming

I adore renoise

Tulsa, OK

i dont know if you are even making "music"

Tulsa, OK

*duplicate post^^^^^^
why is this happening again?

Last edited by Jake Allison (Mar 11, 2014 6:02 pm)

S H I T S I T E LOL !

music x .

canada

making ache bit ouch my back smile