Dallas, Texas
Dadibom wrote:

Has anyone tried spraying the inside of a colored clear case?

That is actually very popular.

I was thinking maybe clear blue with a non-transparent white layer on the inside? Idk if it will look "icy" or just dirty haha

How is this painted? Just solid white inside a clear case?

Last edited by Dadibom (May 2, 2014 10:57 am)

Finland
Dadibom wrote:

How is this painted? Just solid white inside a clear case?

Yep. smile Spraypainted the inside. It's tough stuff getting all the nooks and crannies so take your time and care with it* smile

I would like something like that front shell but with a slight blue tint in the plastic to make it look like "ice", how would you approach that?
I think now that a blue clear case will be too dark for what i'm after (i'm guessing that the botton half of that case is clear green with white on the inside, and the blue case is even darker that the green)

Finland

Well.... I'd research paint that's very seethrough. I guess you could use such paint to make a few washes over the clearcase so that it just gets a *hint* of blue, then after that's done you just paint the inside white.

I'm blanking on the name or property of such paint I just know it exists. ??

True! I'll look into that smile
As for the white spray, what paint did you use? Matte white primer?

Finland
Dadibom wrote:

True! I'll look into that smile
As for the white spray, what paint did you use? Matte white primer?

That is acrylic spraypaint. smile

I noticed you're also from sweden so I'll ask: where did you buy it? smile

Finland
Dadibom wrote:

I noticed you're also from sweden so I'll ask: where did you buy it? smile

Ordered it online, haven't found a retailer of this specific brand anywhere locally http://www.ibwahlstrom.se/ but look up the "Montana" spraycans. They don't have a specific page or anything otherwise I would link you directly to that. smile They have a LOT of colors.
Yeah of course I think there has to be some local shop that sells 'em in larger cities.

Ooh, they have their store here in stockholm so I can just walk over there and buy myself a can. Thanks smile

Chicago

I just finished painting my first DMG today. I have white buttons, white screen protector, blue screen, and pro sound mod going in when I can borrow a friend's soldering iron.

Forgive the shitty picture

California
jadle wrote:

I just finished painting my first DMG today. I have white buttons, white screen protector, blue screen, and pro sound mod going in when I can borrow a friend's soldering iron.

Forgive the shitty picture

nicccee

NC in the US of America

niiice design. haven't seen modded gameboy pics in forever.

I modified this Gameboy so that the clock speed is controlled by light!

Here is a link to the video that I threw together for youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHLcvFJhsFs

I'd love to post a pic,  but I don't know how... Can anybody tell me? <:(

So, anyways,  let me know what you think of the mod!

Thanks!

hiding under your bed

Holy crap, that's awesome!
I've kicked around similar ideas for fun but wasn't sure the best way to go about it.
Can I get some more info on this?