Oops 2012, not 2013

New York, New York

No GenMDM still. I only look at this thread currently to see if anyone reported theirs getting sent out. I have no interest in VSTs or virtual FM modeling. I only had interest to play music on Genesis/Mega Drive. When did the participants in this thread receive theirs? It's seeming like people with them never post.

Phoenix, Az, USA

After 1 year and 6 months of tweets and emails, I still haven't gotten mine. I'm a bit frustrated with the situation, however I'm trying to be optimistic. I just wish he'd let us know what the deal is.
It's also annoying to read this thread and hear about a fucking plugin. While the plugin is nice, it's not what we're waiting for.

FRANCE

While I totally understand the situation here; I don't think that bashing at me with a "fucking plugin" flag will help in any way smile
I perfectly understands the hardware nerds point of view even if it doesn't make much sense in case of FM synthesis or PSG because it is a full digital process in the first place, whether it is happening in a custom chip + Z80, 68K processor or inside a PC.
The limitations, which are an important part of the creative process, are known and you can perfectly stick to that if you want to...
I have spend a lot of time on this an so far many users around the world are happy with it included well known original FM systems composers.
My intervention in this thread were mainly focused on using the plugins as visual controllers for the GenMDM, which is cool, however the support is kind of freezed by the actual situation for a long time as many things have to be corrected on the hardware Firmware side.

Seb is a wonderful person and if you follow his work he is constantly creating new things and seems to find motivation out of new territories.. that is why after almost 2 years without any public news about GenMDM I think he has moved on since the initial development and do not feel quiet like willing to work too much on this anymore... As a result, updates will b very sporadic. At least that is how I feel about this.
I can be wrong on the reasons but the "no infos about the sate of orders" politics is out of my understanding.

The thing which is uncool is that it reflect a bad aura on the ChipMusic.org Sega Forum... There is a lots of positive things going on in this territory, You already have Trackers like Deflemask or VGMM, plugins like FMDrive & SPSG, MML compilers etc... which all can outputs VGM for real hardware playing if needed but more importantly lets you create MUSIC which is I think the aim of all this.
I have provided ROMS to play with, converters for many chips, pushed the limits on the PSG techniques etc...to feel kind of disappointed by the "fucking plugin" stuff. Even if people are exasperated from this undelivered situation.

I suggest for all the undelivered persons to make a thread especially for that and point Little Scale to it as a clear reference, leaving the original thread about the concept free of that bad aura.

On a last note I now feel like spoiling about something, as GenMDM is a wonderful concept, it is not open source so I cannot tweak anything myself nor anybody else and needs an actual console to work...
So I am working with somebody on an open hardware dual YM2612/YM3438 module 100% compatible with FMDrive, so far the module is already made and working... We will work on the software side for some time until it will be OK, then choose a way to spread that things around. So the open hardware concept will basically provide any platform a way to control the FM chips.
I won't talk about this anymore now, don't ask questions, but keep in minds it will come...
I hope this situation will be solved at some point so as people can make positive Genesis things again.

Boston, MA

I don't this litte-scale checks this forum ever, I had to reach out to him on twitter to get a response. Once I had his attention though, I got mine within a week or two.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Major props to Aly James! Your softs are excellent and I for one very much appreciate your efforts. I totally understand where the frustration comes from (same boat here) but it should not have been directed towards you.
That said, nice tease tongue Can't wait for the debut (been thinking about something similar; just got a YM2612). Knowing that you'r involved in supporting the HW is very good news!
Yogi

I bought my GENMDM in 2012, the first round
Then when Aly's plugin came, I bought that as well
I use them both, in different ways. They are both great.
I am grateful for people like Seb and Aly, for the things they make, share and make available.

I totally understand the frustration, I waited for mine a while as well.

If you just have to have it NOW!
you can still buy mine:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/13255 … a-drive-1/

United Kingdom
ultramega wrote:

I don't this litte-scale checks this forum ever, I had to reach out to him on twitter to get a response. Once I had his attention though, I got mine within a week or two.

Same here, I used my initiative and just contacted Seb on Twitter because he was quite active on it. He then dispatched my GenMDM and I received it about a week or two later (This was approximately a year or two ago). He's a cool guy when I contacted him, I think he doesn't check these forums often, hence the lack of updates from him.

P.S.
I'm not speaking on his behalf, just chipping in my

fiddy?

Has it got something to do with the exchange rate?

Glasgow

Just got a twitter reply from Seb

"Yes they are, should be shipped in the range May 28th - June 5th"

*Fingers crossed*

Baltimore
mercurius fm wrote:

After 1 year and 6 months of tweets and emails, I still haven't gotten mine. I'm a bit frustrated with the situation, however I'm trying to be optimistic. I just wish he'd let us know what the deal is.
It's also annoying to read this thread and hear about a fucking plugin. While the plugin is nice, it's not what we're waiting for.

I agree with this sentiment.

Baltimore
Arricat wrote:

Just got a twitter reply from Seb

"Yes they are, should be shipped in the range May 28th - June 5th"

*Fingers crossed*

Arricat-  I saw your tweet and seb's response- did you get your genmdm?

Have not seen mine yet.

Brighton

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

"The truth is out there"

Glasgow

Looks like it didn't make the shipping date...