NC in the US of America

I think the just-do-its kind of seem relevant to the information given in the OP. If they OP admits that they are able to make music when they are feeling unmotivated but simply hate the junk that they produce during this mental state, then clearly they have the capacity to "just-do-it", i guess...

edit: admitting that my powers of empathy are very laacking on this particular subject :S

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 31, 2013 5:18 am)

chunter wrote:

"Maybe you're not meant to make music" is as meaningless as "I was born to do this." You either want to do it or you don't.

well put

Leiden

I am a producer for 16 years and I am not thinking about stopping anytime soon no matter what. Life has tried to stop me but as I already explained in my introduction I refuse to give up.

First reason is that I create music for me and myself only, and there are many tracks that will stay in my personal library but still we all want recognition in what we are doing so of course I do release the tracks that I am proud of.

Second reason is that I refuse to stop doing what I love doing even when 50% of my hearing just died two years ago. I stopped creating for four months but then things started nagging in the back of my head. After a good conversation with myself I decided to pick things up again and do it radically different. No more lauzy trance and wanna be hiphop. I started creating what I always loved so much, videogame music inspired by the old chiptunes of the good old NES and Genesis.

Nowdays this IS what let me keep my head up in times when I do feel down. Yes I did lose something precious (hearing in stereo) but it also made me stronger knowing that even this does not let me stop doing what I love doing. So motivation is nothing but a personal thing.

Do you make music for yourself or are you trying to do something to impress others with?
If your answer is the first then I am sure you will reach what you want as long as you believe and don't give up dreaming.
if its the second... then I wish you good luck.

Keep up the creativity!

Last edited by Carfie (Oct 31, 2013 10:31 am)

Madriz, Supain

I dont wanna be mean but if you find a lack of motivation to do music, don't. Thats applicable to any form of art. Theres already way too many of us.

Manchester, UK
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

I dont wanna be mean but if you find a lack of motivation to do music, don't. Thats applicable to any form of art. Theres already way too many of us.

That's not mean, it's just stupid. Or sarcastic, I can't really tell.

Boddrick wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

That's not mean, it's just stupid. Or sarcastic, I can't really tell.

4 real

hope everyones feeling more motivated now smile im not

i'm not motivated to make music because i would be making music for people who are letting the amphibians die out and probably don't even give a shit about their lack

France (au milieu)

i'm kind into a sort of ''not so high'' period lifewise... but making stupid drum&bass on a game boy, sitting in the woods between 6.30 and 7.30am before each shitty working day actually cheers me up smile

Bracknell, UK

I'm never motivated for work because it's for a crappy corp company and the job is soul crushing and soooo boring.

But I am motivated general life wise because, if I spend all my time feeling unmotivated about work (and how I really cant be arsed to go back the next day) I will just sit on the sofa and do nothing, not even play videogames or start throwing ideas around musically or irritate my girlfriend.

Music motivation, if it's not happening, it's not happening. I don't sit and think "I NEED TO WRITE A SONG NOW"; if an idea comes along it comes along and I go with it as far as I can before the ideas stop. Not every idea you stick down is going to be the best song ever, not every idea you stick down is going to end up in a finished product. Just write! Keep writing. Even if you think it sucks!