Taichung, Taiwan
metatronaut wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Can be looked down upon.

(directed toward katsumbhong)
Who says I can't ask how to do something?

This is general discussion, not a youtube comment section.

And also, I may be new to the whole chiptune thing, but that doesn't mean you have to put me down just for asking.

You asked me a question and I answered, and now you are having an issue with my response.

Nothing wrong with asking for help.

If you are a newb, whatever, try not to take everything that isn't directly helping you as offense.

Chips & Dip :3
chipzel wrote:

Hey!

The .sav was included in the digital copy of Spectra but I've just discovered that the link is broken. Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8bpnyaoa6ql1 … ies.lsdsng

Oh wow!

Thanks so much!!

can't wait to see what you do next and keep up the good work!

Taichung, Taiwan

If you felt my response to your question wasn't very helpful to you, my bad.

I hope you figure out the instrument problem you're having.

katsumbhong wrote:

If you felt my response to your question wasn't very helpful to you, my bad.

I hope you figure out the instrument problem you're having.

Chipzel just replied to the thread with the actual sav file for Tokyo Skies so all is good!

Water under the bridge!

Northern Ireland

But yeah, obviously you'll need to add your own touch and find your own style smile
Finding and playing around with sounds is the best part of writing in LSDJ

chipzel wrote:

But yeah, obviously you'll need to add your own touch and find your own style smile
Finding and playing around with sounds is the best part of writing in LSDJ

Yeah I've been working on some stuff and I have a few WIPs on my twitter page.
And I released an album not too long ago.

If you could give me some feedback that would be suh-weet!

metatronaut wrote:
an0va wrote:

Yo there's nothing wrong with asking how to get a certain sound and people use each other's instruments all the time without "being looked down upon," it just sometimes looks a little silly to ask because it's like asking "how do i get Slash's guitar tone" (which I still don't know, hmu)

The centered instrument in the intro sounds like a tabled octave jump. Throw some 0C's on dat bitch
The other instrument just sounds like a pulse panned left and right, lemme hear u say Oxx

The reason your instruments may sound different is because many things factor into the instrument settings, like the Tempo of your track will affect the tables

But the real thing is: you only have a few commands, a couple waveforms*, three positions of panning**, and 15 steps of volume***, so fuck around with random shit-you wont break anything and you may come up with cool sounds that other people will wonder how the hell you did them too!

- - -

* - yes i know this is a huge understatement; neckbeards = no
** - goddammit i know theres a way around this here too
*** - jesus dont make me get the hose

OMG due I love your stuff!

Anyways, thanks for the advice and I'll try out HFF!

Haha thank you! HFF is a command that stops the song. It helps me take a break when I'm trying too hard to get a certain sound wink

Super rad that chipzel shared the data!

katsumbhong wrote:
an0va wrote:

Yo there's nothing wrong with asking how to get a certain sound and people use each other's instruments all the time without "being looked down upon," it just sometimes looks a little silly to ask because it's like asking "how do i get Slash's guitar tone" (which I still don't know, hmu)

The centered instrument in the intro sounds like a tabled octave jump. Throw some 0C's on dat bitch
The other instrument just sounds like a pulse panned left and right, lemme hear u say Oxx

The reason your instruments may sound different is because many things factor into the instrument settings, like the Tempo of your track will affect the tables

But the real thing is: you only have a few commands, a couple waveforms*, three positions of panning**, and 15 steps of volume***, so fuck around with random shit-you wont break anything and you may come up with cool sounds that other people will wonder how the hell you did them too!

- - -

* - yes i know this is a huge understatement; neckbeards = no
** - goddammit i know theres a way around this here too
*** - jesus dont make me get the hose

Can be looked down upon.

Yeah but like, screw those guys wink

an0va wrote:
metatronaut wrote:

OMG due I love your stuff!

Anyways, thanks for the advice and I'll try out HFF!

Haha thank you! HFF is a command that stops the song. It helps me take a break when I'm trying too hard to get a certain sound wink

Super rad that chipzel shared the data!

tongue

I should probably take a break.

I've been working nonstop. Just so much fun!

Seriously though the most fun, at least to me, is throwing a bunch of commands and seeing what sounds you can get. Try looping a pattern of notes in LSDJ or any tracker and just throw random commands while it loops - youll be surprised how just changing a few values can make something really unique

an0va wrote:

Seriously though the most fun, at least to me, is throwing a bunch of commands and seeing what sounds you can get. Try looping a pattern of notes in LSDJ or any tracker and just throw random commands while it loops - youll be surprised how just changing a few values can make something really unique

I've been trying that alot with Pxx.

If you get 'em right you can make a suh-weet synthesis effect.

you sure you're not programming it right? I tried likelukes table and the two sounded identical. Anyhow, my first guess would have been:

Pulse instrument 50pw (pulse width aka a square wave) with a table and the volume envelope something short with an e command a few phrases down to echo the instrument.
Table:
tsp
0c
0c
H00

Post the actual instrument just for fun! I'm too lazy to dl the files tongue

Last edited by L-tron (May 16, 2014 11:40 pm)

L-tron wrote:

you sure you're not programming it right? I tried likelukes table and the two sounded identical. Anyhow, my first guess would have been:

Pulse instrument 50pw (pulse width aka a square wave) with a table and the volume envelope something short with an e command a few phrases down to echo the instrument.
Table:
tsp
0c
0c
H00

It was a very simple C0C in the table with a 25% PW. I feel kinda stupid but hey, at least I know how her basses kick ass now! XD

metatronaut wrote:
L-tron wrote:

Table:
tsp
0c
0c
H00

It was a very simple C0C in the table with a 25% PW. I feel kinda stupid but hey, at least I know how her basses kick ass now! XD

The bass:
Play: Pingpong
Length: F
Repeat: 0
Speed: 7

Synth:
Wave: Saw
Q: 1
Phase: Resync
START:
Vol: B6
Cut: 1A
Phase: 09
END:
Vol: 4E
cut: CD

Table:
V91

metatronaut wrote:
metatronaut wrote:

The bass:
Play: Pingpong
Length: F
Repeat: 0
Speed: 7

Synth:
Wave: Saw
Q: 1
Phase: Resync
START:
Vol: B6
Cut: 1A
Phase: 09
END:
Vol: 4E
cut: CD

Table:
V91

She also goes pretty crazy with effects toward the middle of the song with the leads. So dl if you want to check that out.

Douglas, Wyoming

Forget that, I want to know what's in Chibi-tech's bag of secrets