where did you get that?
so interested!

Alabama

Add me to the "interested" bus. Been looking for a good clear case for my 2000 :3

SLC, UT

Where else but eBay?! This is a 1000 though. I do think I saw some for 2000s too. Keep in mind this is substantially harder than a DMG shell. Well maybe not harder but longer, lots of screws and things to break. Take your time and stay organized. I found a good YouTube video and worked through it front and back. Tweezers and a good flat tool/black stick are your friends here.

Now I regret not getting clear and painting half neon pink like that one amazing DMG!

SLC, UT

Oh and the r button on mine is a little funky. I kept my original r/l and it worked a little better.

Arizona
MaxDolensky wrote:

Add me to the "interested" bus. Been looking for a good clear case for my 2000 :3

I wouldn't bother with replacing the case on a psp. They never seem to fit as good as the original cases and usually the replacement buttons suck.

MostlyToast wrote:
MaxDolensky wrote:

I wouldn't bother with replacing the case on a psp. They never seem to fit as good as the original cases and usually the replacement buttons suck.

I can second this. I put a silver case on my 1000 before the 2000s were released, the home button bar was always sticking and the triggers never quite worked right after that. ended up being my inspiration for buying a silver 2000 lol.

SLC, UT

Maybe I'll offer my opinion. No, the replacement case is not as good as the original. An original case is semi decent condition. However if your case is heavily scratched or otherwise cosmetically challenged, I think it's worth it. As I said, using the original R/L buttons seems to help a lot, I don't really notice anything significant there. I'm not totally sure how the home button row could really stick, isn't that more the bar itself not the overlay? The other buttons I wouldn't say are significantly worse than the originals.

Maybe they improved their design?

Overall, I have no regrets for switching. It's not like an ASM DMG case thats a perfect replica, but it's very very good.

EDIT: This is the seller I used, if anyone's interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Quality-Tr … 2582d5e1f5

Last edited by stargazer (May 16, 2014 8:07 pm)

Lucky for me I use a 1000 anyway big_smile

California
katsumbhong wrote:

Teensyboy housed inside a SparkFun project case.

heart

Taichung, Taiwan

4x DMG setup complete.

Boise, ID

I love it when DMGs match each other.

South UK

Hey, new member here, been lurking a while though. Thought I'd share my half finished project, and first real gameboy mods. I'm building a live-setup with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme. First up is Michelangelo:-

Clear green, with orange buttons and backlight, prosound modded. Messed up on the 1/8" Jack though - the one I bought didn't have a long enough stem to get the nut on the outside, so had to glue it into the case. Still alright though! Case, buttons and backlight came from fretwanger's online store.

Then we have Raphael:-

Painted keyboard, DMG-07 cable wired up internally. Wiring came out clean, paint job not so much. My paint and clear-coat aren't quite compatible, so it looks far from professional, but I'm happy with it overall.

For Donatello, I have a CGB I'm going to paint, front light, and internally prosound. Leonardo will be another DMG, most likely an "all the mods" style now I'm more comfortable with it. Biverted at the least, hopefully will do an internal arduinoboy too, if I can find space. Maybe in the battery compartment, as I think I'm going to get a rechargeable battery in there instead of AAs, so should free up some room.

Bucks County, PA

Just finished a batch of five Internal ArduinoBoy- Really proud of them!
I don't wanna blow up the thread with them all but you can find the rest for sale here!

South UK

Nice, I've been working on making my next a midiboy. What have you done with the display LEDs in these? I can't seem to see them...

Bucks County, PA
Category wrote:

Nice, I've been working on making my next a midiboy. What have you done with the display LEDs in these? I can't seem to see them...

Sorry, it's tucked away in the text in the link..

For the first two, I have an RGB LED rather than the normal status light- this blinks different colors indicating the mode.

The Panzer (or the third in this photo-set) has the standard six LEDs hidden under the face plate- so they're only there when you need them! It was tricky to do, but totally worth it.

that's smart thinking!