Geneva, NY

Monotron orchestra!

A gray world of dread

Ok, I admit the filter sounds really, really awesome. But $100 for a simple OSC with LFO the size of a matchbox? I'll pass, thanks.

☺☺☺
akira^8GB wrote:

Whoever owns a Kaoss pad shouldn't voice in this thread
tongue

I was  given the Gakken for free.
Its usability or that of this Korg toy is negligible.

low-gain wrote:

wtf does a kaoss pad have anything to with anything?  lol

i think he means WHOOP DEE its JUST a LPF, at the end of the day that SHEEEEKEEEEWWWWing gets old and we want something different (retrigger,delay,phase,flange,distortion,ANYTHING) so in that id just build a filterbox(or just use my kaoss pad tongue)as opposed to waiting  5+ weeks for japans mystery mail to arrive and then however long it takes mouse to equally get off their ass

and yea yea its the same style filter as the credible MS-20, but you can just as easily build a LPF from scratch that is equally as analog and equally as warm/soothing/nurturing/loving big_smile

Last edited by Emar (Apr 30, 2010 2:17 pm)

Spokompton
Emar wrote:

and yea yea its the same style filter as the credible MS-20, but you can just as easily build a LPF from scratch that is equally as analog and equally as warm/soothing/nurturing/loving big_smile

Oh really? How?

Brooklon

If they had slapped a midi i/o on this I would definitely have agreed with the price tag but I just can't get away from how similar it seems to the Gakken - gotta side with Akira on this one. It seems like they saw how popular the Gakken was among musician-hackers and the like and decided they could jump on board. If the price actually drops to around $60 bucks I guess I would consider it but even with an MS-20 filter it seems like it's got about 5 minutes worth of use in it - like the Gakken.

Scratch that, I still play with my Gakken but only when extroardinarily inebriated and nothing worthwhile is ever produced.

Unsubscribe

I like how people always use an argument you can build things for cheaper.. WELL DUH.

herr_prof wrote:

Ok how cool is this demo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4D79Jg … embedded#!

SO GOOD!

Geneva, NY

FWIW: street price is looking like $75.

Brooklon
Beware wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Ok how cool is this demo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn4D79Jg … embedded#!

SO GOOD!

Uh. YEah. That's awesome. Reminds me a bit of fishtone.

☺☺☺
undergroundclouds wrote:
Emar wrote:

Oh really? How?

okay maybe not easier but i would much rather have a dedicated filterbox over a re purposed toy synth any day smile

England

i want one for underwater adventures

IL, US
Jellica wrote:

i bet itd fit in an underwater camera housing...not sure what youd do with the cable then, but this could work wink

San Francisco

i would consider this for around $60. it looks much more interesting then the gakken in my opinion. i can see myself fiddling with this.

Spokompton
e.s.c. wrote:
Jellica wrote:

i bet itd fit in an underwater camera housing...not sure what youd do with the cable then, but this could work wink

FM/AM/bluetooth transmitter?
not a lot of tweaking to be done when it's inside a box, though. some type of airtight bag would be better.

Unsubscribe

and.... the humorless dissection of an off-color joke is complete.

San Francisco

and so it begins...