Paypal donation link posted at the bottom of the main post. I'll be sure to post updates on YMDj real soon.

Please let me know if there's any issues.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 27, 2014 9:04 pm)

Unsubscribe

donated!

Tokyo, Japan

Do yoou need a japanese megadrive for testing?

Lazerbeat wrote:

Do yoou need a japanese megadrive for testing?

I sent you a PM. Maybe I should consider doing a Japanese version as well, it seems like it would be a simple translation.

Chips & Dip :3

I like it! Keep it up!

Count, do you want a Nomad? I have one lying here and I doubt I'll ever use it until something like YMDJ gets completed. It's missing the battery pack, but the packs go for about $20 online.

I'll send you a PM shortly.

I'm really amazed with the support you guys are offering. Thank you everyone.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 28, 2014 3:08 pm)

From the looks of things, thanks to this community, I'll have available to me a modded Genesis Model 2, a Japanese Megadrive, and a Nomad. This should be enough for testing across different regions and testing between console and handheld, as well as testing on the difference between modded and unmodded consoles. So although I appreciate more offers to send other consoles, it really won't be necessary, meaning I won't accept any more offers on any consoles.

Thank you again guys for your support!

EDIT: I've added a Special Thanks section in the main post. The people in this list are supporters of this project that have either donated, helped with information, offered or offering hardware support, or have given life lessons. This list will grow in size and also be added to YMDj's Special Thanks in the Options Menu.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 29, 2014 3:22 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Actually, random question. How is the nomad battery life? I remeber when they first came out 6 AA batteries lasted 20 minutues or something crazy. Are batteries more durable now?

Michigan
Lazerbeat wrote:

Actually, random question. How is the nomad battery life? I remeber when they first came out 6 AA batteries lasted 20 minutues or something crazy. Are batteries more durable now?

That was the Game Gear. The Nomad has a battery pak which is smaller. Considering the age and limited availability, most people mod them or make their own battery paks. I just use the AC adapter right now...I need to find a portable energy source. sad

Unsubscribe

From what I understand it's much better if you install a modern led screen.

Michigan
herr_prof wrote:

From what I understand it's much better if you install a modern led screen.

The original fluorescent tube sucks a lot of energy, so replacing it with a 5v LCD, LED backlit screen is priority!
I plan to do it shortly...but I need to find the right LCD. I am looking at one for $20, but all of the tuts I find use $40-$50 screens that they extracted from existing devices.

I'll post a thread if I find anything worth sharing.

London

Donated!

Seriously can't wait for this, great work!

Shirobon wrote:

Donated!

Seriously can't wait for this, great work!

Hi! Thank you for your support, you guys all make me want to work even harder on this project!

I'm now working on implementing tracker commands as well as effects and I'm taking suggestions. If it's in Deflemask or LSDj, it's probably going to make it in YMDj. Looking for something unique here. Let's make this one of the ultimate FM chip trackers!

Milwaukee, WI

A randomize screen where one can adjust the amount for functions/parameters/patterns would be wonderful.

I sent you a PM.

On a very exciting and interesting side note, Stef (the creator of SGDK) and I will be working together to add support for a brand new chip file format he's working on called XGM. It's like VGM but is more optimized. It also supports 4 PCM channels! Yes you read that right. 4 PCM channels, and I will be adding support for this in YMDj.