Dallas, Texas

So I've taken what you've guys said to heart and I've lowered the price down to a more realistic value (which is now relected on the nyancart website) And am now in the process of talking with a member of nesdev forums to maybe help me get my nam tables animated. That is still pending, though. So hopefully that pans out.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Nov 13, 2014 8:47 am)

FAKE!
he didn't push the cart down.

SLC, UT

I don't really like nyan cat but I liked your song and I think the cart is cool.

Abandoned on Fire
DESUMATE wrote:

FAKE!

You're right.  What's up with that?

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:32 am)

Boulder, CO

Did you get permission to use NyanCat and the song from the copyright owners? It's not really nice to make money off of something that isn't yours without permission...

SLC, UT
egr wrote:
DESUMATE wrote:

FAKE!

Not sure if serious....
You don't have to push the cart down. My NES works better without pushing it down.

Abandoned on Fire
stargazer wrote:
egr wrote:

Not sure if serious....
You don't have to push the cart down. My NES works better without pushing it down.

I've never seen an nes that would boot a cart without pushing it down.  You just get the flashing orange screen.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:25 am)

Lexington, KY

Yo dat snare on dat track is siq tho

Boulder, CO

So everyone here is cool with copyright infringement as long as it doesn't happen to one of their beloved chip music artists?

Michigan
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

So everyone here is cool with copyright infringement as long as it doesn't happen to one of their beloved chip music artists?

Essentially.

Detroit, Michigan
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

Sweeeeeeden
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

The difference is that the Nyancat song is so widely used it can be considered a part of the Internet's "cultural canon". It has gone so far that no one could police the use of the song, even if they wanted to.
What people usually react negatively to in this scene, is when a douchebag artist takes some lesser known chipmusic song and samples it without attribution and hopes that no one will notice it. Apples and oranges.

Boulder, CO
nitro2k01 wrote:
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

The difference is that the Nyancat song is so widely used it can be considered a part of the Internet's "cultural canon". It has gone so far that no one could police the use of the song, even if they wanted to.
What people usually react negatively to in this scene, is when a douchebag artist takes some lesser known chipmusic song and samples it without attribution and hopes that no one will notice it. Apples and oranges.

Most people aren't trying to make money off of this and there have been lawsuits for use of nyancat. Copyright infringement is copyright infringement regardless of "cultural canon."

Anyway this guy is trying to make money off of a copyrighted character and hoping nobody notices. How is this apples and oranges?

I think this is a rad lil novelty item, could be really cool animated tho! smile

nitro2k01 wrote:
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

idk, man!

In May 2013, Christopher Torres and Charles Schmidt, the creators of Nyan Cat and Keyboard Cat respectively, jointly sued 5th Cell and Warner Bros. for copyright infringement and trademark infringement over the appearance of these characters without permission in the Scribblenauts series of video games. Torres and Schmidt have registered copyrights on their characters and have pending trademark applications on the names.[25][26] Torres released a statement saying that he had tried to obtain compensation from 5th Cell and Warner Bros. for commercial use of the character, but was "disrespected and snubbed" multiple times.[27][28] The suit was settled in September 2013, with Torres and Schmidt being paid for the use of the characters.[29]

What's also interesting to note is that the image and the song are owned by two different people, but the meme was created by a third party joining the two together. So selling something like this could be even a multiple infringement I think?