São Paulo, Brazil

http://www.factmag.com/2015/03/11/fuck- … the-plane/

cool words.

music suck tho.

Didnt dig the music as a whole, but it was refreshing to hear it recorded differently than traditional methods. Sounds like he has a miced amp and hes recording from that. Some really cool sounds as well. Well i hope the rest is good

this isn't that bad. it is a good thing when a song makes you want to hear to rest of the album

BK

Fuck Buttons actually already used LSDJ during live sets as part of their signature sound- it makes sense that he'd experiment with it as a standalone instrument.

SLC, UT

It's not that bad....not that good either. Makes me feel a lot better about my music though!

Unsubscribe

Ive defended the whole perception as chiptune as pitchforks against non-scene musicans while coddling unlistenable amateurs up to this point, but all the reaction to this guy really reeks of sour grapes.

nashville,tn

Played a show with 15 people in attendance a few years back at an uber dive and he was in attendance, someone told me and I was like meh. Again meh, no disrespect sure he's a nice enough guy. Meh. Wait never mind that was the guy from yuck! Disregard

Last edited by sugar sk*-*lls (Mar 11, 2015 10:06 pm)

herr_prof wrote:

Ive defended the whole perception as chiptune as pitchforks against non-scene musicans while coddling unlistenable amateurs up to this point, but all the reaction to this guy really reeks of sour grapes.

Totally! You wouldn't see a thread here "so and so has a new album" followed by comments about how the music sucks and everyone thinks their music is better... not very nice, and also yeah seems people are hating cause he's not in "the scene"? I mean, if the guy was on this forum and read this, I'd feel pretty ashamed...

Like I said the music wasn't my style, but the acoustics sound great and there's some really cool sounds. Great production as well. I like this a lot more than a lot of the chip stuff I stumble upon randomly.
Also, is it really that much weirder than the fuck buttons other stuff?

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the release

edit: listening to the track a second time and it's growing on me a bit.

Last edited by L-tron (Mar 12, 2015 1:51 am)

São Paulo, Brazil
L-tron wrote:

Totally! You wouldn't see a thread here "so and so has a new album" followed by comments about how the music sucks and everyone thinks their music is better... not very nice, and also yeah seems people are hating cause he's not in "the scene"? I mean, if the guy was on this forum and read this, I'd feel pretty ashamed...

What I said in the post is very simple and is a matter of personal taste: I liked what he said, did not like the music though. But without a doubt, it's good when someone from the semi-mainstream talk about this type of music production. Without sounding pedantic as the Guardian article that someone posted here these days.

Atlanta, GA

I actually liked it. It reminds me of old obscure netlabels I would listen to when I was just getting into chip stuff.

Last edited by Ninten Kwon Do (Mar 12, 2015 2:01 am)

SLC, UT
L-tron wrote:

Totally! You wouldn't see a thread here "so and so has a new album" followed by comments about how the music sucks and everyone thinks their music is better...

I wasn't trying to say my music was better. I was just saying, if this guy, who is an actual musician (and a pretty good one at that) that makes actual money and has actual fans, and his album is only approximately better than anything I can ever hope to make, then I feel better about myself.

I guess I can see the reasoning behind this track. I mean, it just sounds like he's making straight up house on a gameboy, which is cool and not really done a ton. And the relative simplicity of the track was also encouraging to me. It's possible to make decent music without "crashing my gameboy because I had so many crazy tables going on at once".

But at the end of the day, it just sounds like a track he whipped up on a plane ride, and then sort of forgot about it till one day he played it through and amp and called it good. No doubt in my mind he could make a truly killer and impressive release if he wanted to, he has more musical talent than I have in my pinky toe. But he just didn't. It's half way there, and within the context of this release, it's totally fine.

Really I guess I'm glad he's releasing it. I think too often great stuff goes unreleased because it's not up to an artist's quality standard, and I think we lose a ton of really cool interesting stuff there.

Gosford, Australia

yea it's not bad, seems like he actually understands what techno is. would love to hear this with a beefier kit though

stargazer wrote:

I wasn't trying to say my music was better. I was just saying, if this guy, who is an actual musician (and a pretty good one at that) that makes actual money and has actual fans, and his album is only approximately better than anything I can ever hope to make, then I feel better about myself.

right on, man. I guess that's just the vagueness internet communication. I guess your previous post could be interpreted in any number of ways.

stargazer wrote:

But at the end of the day, it just sounds like a track he whipped up on a plane ride, and then sort of forgot about it till one day he played it through and amp and called it good. No doubt in my mind he could make a truly killer and impressive release if he wanted to, he has more musical talent than I have in my pinky toe. But he just didn't. It's half way there, and within the context of this release, it's totally fine.

Totally feel you on this one. I also feel like he could have made the track a bit more polished or he spent more time, it could be a really, really solid track instead of a decent track.

i don't think it is unreasonable to have higher expectations of famous people with record deals and big names and fact magazine articles about them than of random depressed teenagers who started making music 3 months ago

Abandoned on Fire
sandneil wrote:

i don't think it is unreasonable to have higher expectations of famous people with record deals and big names and fact magazine articles about them than of random depressed teenagers who started making music 3 months ago

lol

South Korea

Some other site/blog: "Famous producer/artist uses someone else's chip sound"
cm.o: "Fuck that guy, let's go burn his house down!"

Some other site/blog: "Famous producer/artist makes a song using chip sound in DAW"
cm.o: "Fakebit is for losers! Bet he can't do it on REAL hardware!"

Some other site/blog: "Famous producer/artist makes a song using real 8-bit hardware"
cm.o: "This SUUUUCCCKKKS! Does he even use tables?"

Some other site/blog: "Somebody from the chip scene made something worth mentioning elsewhere"
cm.o: "Sellout! Overrated! Why do people like his sound so much? Punk is dead. Dubstep sucks."

Some other site/blog: "..." (vanilla EPs that don't get mention anywhere else, lol)
cm.o: "This is fucking AWESOME! This is OURS!"

I love this website heart