Melbourne

Just an update re: the volca running double the speed of NL, if you use the IC mentioned in little-scale's blog post I linked above, you can use it to effectively divide the clock signal into slower pulses (ie. 1/2, 1/4 speed etc.). I have a few of them on order so when they arrive I'll do some testing but I think I got a basic idea of how it works after replicating the IC in a logic simulator program big_smile

Atlanta, GA
pselodux wrote:

Just an update re: the volca running double the speed of NL, if you use the IC mentioned in little-scale's blog post I linked above, you can use it to effectively divide the clock signal into slower pulses (ie. 1/2, 1/4 speed etc.). I have a few of them on order so when they arrive I'll do some testing but I think I got a basic idea of how it works after replicating the IC in a logic simulator program big_smile

lmk when you get those in and tested, I'll be interested in your results

reject of nintendoage

hi!
great update!
i love the soft pulse and step pause stuff that came in 1.7.1.
I'm experiencing bugs, however, that i hoped would disappear in later updates. Just updated to 1.7.3 and sadly, the bugs are still there.

It seems using the soft pulse in the R channel throws everything out of sync, running at really high speed. This happens with both the old 12ppqn sync and the new analog sync.
Setting nanoloop's sync to E produces less freakout, but still no sync. This also happens on some N channel settings, but i haven't identified them yet.

While i could live without the soft pulse, there's another problem that makes it unusable im my setup: loading patterns for the first time throws out the sync, as well as overwriting patterns with new stuff that's not on any other slot yet.

could someone please confirm?

i'm running a DMG CPU 06 with freshly charged eneloops and an original DMG-04 sync cable in case it matters.

Atlanta, GA
shizcake wrote:

While i could live without the soft pulse, there's another problem that makes it unusable im my setup: loading patterns for the first time throws out the sync, as well as overwriting patterns with new stuff that's not on any other slot yet.

i'm running a DMG CPU 06 with freshly charged eneloops and an original DMG-04 sync cable in case it matters.

I have the same issue with the sync. it's a bit annoying >:(

Atlanta, GA

Hacked together a CV out from DMG > Volca Beats and I'm able to send clock from DMG to Volca Beats, but if I plug in a headphone jack to either prosound or internal...no CV. That's a fucking problem.

São Paulo, Brazil

I still wasn´t able to test the nano one new version. Can you guys please confirm if the lsdj>nano and nano>nano syncs are fixed?

BitFlourish wrote:
shizcake wrote:

I have the same issue with the sync. it's a bit annoying >:(

also experiencing this

Paris

http://www.nanoloop.com/two/specs.html

What's GB noise?

Toronto, Canada

Has anybody got this working properly? I'm having a number of issues. Number 1  - when I send it a 16th clock from either my Analog 4 or my modular, nanoloop is stepping once every 3 pulses?? It should be steeping on each one , no? It's not like it's just running half speed either. Very odd.

Tried this with both newest updates for nanoloop 1 and 2, same results.

Number 2-  on nanoloop 2, it seems to be responding to the clock(albeit weirdly as noted above) and making sound, but as soon as I plug in the audio cable to the gba, no more sound??  What's that about?  It's still 'sync'd' but plugging in the jack seems to kill the audio?? I've tried on 2 different SP's

Any ideas?? Hoping I'm just missing something obvious

Biere Gratuite wrote:

http://www.nanoloop.com/two/specs.html

What's GB noise?

I haven't tried this version myself, so I can't say for sure – my guess however, is that it's an LFSR type noise generator, similar to the one used on the original Game Boy.

São Paulo, Brazil

Well, nanoloop one sync to another nanoloop is working again.

But the nano>lsdj sync bug continues. So does the mute/un-mutting problem.

Hello,

I'm sorry for the sync issues in 1.7.3. Here is the 1.7.5 update with stable sync when using soft pulse and during file access:

http://www.nanoloop.com/update

It also syncs with 2.7.7 (haven't tested older versions) in both directions.

jonny5 wrote:

Number 1  - when I send it a 16th clock from either my Analog 4 or my modular, nanoloop is stepping once every 3 pulses??

That's the default 24 / MIDI sync scheme. Press B+SELECT in slave mode to switch to analog mode ("a").

jonny5 wrote:

Number 2-  ... as soon as I plug in the audio cable to the gba, no more sound??

I don't know what this could be, works fine here. Probably some kind of voltage issue. You did not connect OUT and IN, did you? It should be only IN for sync as slave, obviously, or OUT for nanoloop as master.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

But the nano>lsdj sync bug continues.

How can the lack of something that's never been announced as a feature be a bug?
Are you syncing lsdj as slave or master? Master should work, if it doesn't please try the above update. LSDj as slave would also work with 1.7.5 but since nanoloop also sends data in slave mode (polling the state of the data in line), there is no way to start them together. Maybe when you turn on the Game Boy.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

So does the mute/un-mutting problem.

What is the mutting problem?

a few people wrote:

Volca half/double speed...

While other devices like the Monotribe follow a straight one-clock-per-step scheme, Korg has silently established an odd clock-only-on-even-steps scheme with the Volca series. This causes problems with other devices that run at half speed when slave or force the Volcas to double-speed when master. It also prevents syncing the Volcas with proper swing.

As a workaround, nanoloop can be set to half-speed mode so that it can sync Volcas as master.

In nanoloop 2.7.7: set to slave mode (A+B), then to analog ("a") withB+SELECT and then to halfspeed ("a/2") with A+DOWN (not to to be confused with channel half tempo which is B+DOWN).

In nanoloop 1.7.5: set to slave (A+B),  then to analog with B+SELECT ("a") and then to halfspeed with B+SELECT ("c").

Halfspeed has no effect in slave mode.

Last edited by oliver (May 14, 2015 4:22 pm)

Melbourne

I'm not able to update yet (I stupidly didn't order the USB-MIDI adapter when I ordered my cart), but does 2.7.7 fix the bug where the tempo jumps to 240 when using B+left/right to move to an empty pattern in the file menu? I keep doing it by accident and it's admittedly pretty funny when there are other patterns playing and they suddenly play super fast, but it happened once in a live situation and I had to scramble to correct it, haha!

pselodux wrote:

I'm not able to update yet (I stupidly didn't order the USB-MIDI adapter when I ordered my cart), but does 2.7.7 fix the bug where the tempo jumps to 240 when using B+left/right to move to an empty pattern in the file menu? I keep doing it by accident and it's admittedly pretty funny when there are other patterns playing and they suddenly play super fast, but it happened once in a live situation and I had to scramble to correct it, haha!

LOL, i just tested this on my cart (waiting for my USB-MIDI to ship) and it definitely happens

Last edited by an0va (May 15, 2015 4:30 am)

Toronto, Canada
oliver wrote:

jonny5 wrote:

Number 1  - when I send it a 16th clock from either my Analog 4 or my modular, nanoloop is stepping once every 3 pulses??

That's the default 24 / MIDI sync scheme. Press B+SELECT in slave mode to switch to analog mode ("a").

jonny5 wrote:

I don't know what this could be, works fine here. Probably some kind of voltage issue. You did not connect OUT and IN, did you? It should be only IN for sync as slave, obviously, or OUT for nanoloop as master.

Awesome!!  Thanks Oliver, knew it was probably something I was doing wrong on the sync.  Will advise back on the audio issue, and no, I made separate cables for master and slave sync.

Brighton
oliver wrote:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the sync issues in 1.7.3. Here is the 1.7.5 update with stable sync when using soft pulse and during file access:

http://www.nanoloop.com/update

It also syncs with 2.7.7 (haven't tested older versions) in both directions.

jonny5 wrote:

jonny5 wrote:

PULSELOOPER wrote:

But the nano>lsdj sync bug continues.

How can the lack of something that's never been announced as a feature be a bug?
Are you syncing lsdj as slave or master? Master should work, if it doesn't please try the above update. LSDj as slave would also work with 1.7.5 but since nanoloop also sends data in slave mode (polling the state of the data in line), there is no way to start them together. Maybe when you turn on the Game Boy.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

So does the mute/un-mutting problem.

What is the mutting problem?

a few people wrote:

Volca half/double speed...

While other devices like the Monotribe follow a straight one-clock-per-step scheme, Korg has silently established an odd clock-only-on-even-steps scheme with the Volca series. This causes problems with other devices that run at half speed when slave or force the Volcas to double-speed when master. It also prevents syncing the Volcas with proper swing.

As a workaround, nanoloop can be set to half-speed mode so that it can sync Volcas as master.

In nanoloop 2.7.7: set to slave mode (A+B), then to analog ("a") withB+SELECT and then to halfspeed ("a/2") with A+DOWN (not to to be confused with channel half tempo which is B+DOWN).

In nanoloop 1.7.5: set to slave (A+B),  then to analog with B+SELECT ("a") and then to halfspeed with B+SELECT ("c").

Halfspeed has no effect in slave mode.

Is it possible to post a change log for the 1.7 updates so we can see whats new in 1.7.5, similar to that on LSDJ?