Connecticut USA

Wow... No disrespect but I think for me, half the fun of chiptune died when I became involved with the internet "scene". There's just too many people bitching about this and that, who got what media exposure, who said what. If you can make a profit off of what you love to do, good for you! Everyone has a right to chiptune music, we all grew up with it.  Who's to say who shouldn't be making/listening to it and who should. It's not like any of you discovered chiptune  I also bet that the original chiptune composers look at the flourishing popularity of the medium and smile.

Also If you're going to bitch about someones success, that's fine, you have a right to that. But it really does make you look pathetic. I've also noticed that those who worry the most about the scenes "status" seem to be pretty terrible at making chiptune. You should spend less time worrying about others and more time composing, you need the practice. If we all spent less time bitching and more time practicing, there would be less to bitch about. The quality of music would go up! Just make music!

Ok, rant over. I have to go down into my mothers basement and get some sleep now.

heart

P.S for any of the negative, witty responses that might come up. Don't even bother. I'll be too busy making actual MUSIC, to respond.

Last edited by MisfitChris (May 16, 2010 8:03 am)

San Francisco

how dare you say that people who work hard should get paid for what they do if they so choose. that is truly outrageous. i mean really...

thats like me going into work and demanding my boss to pay me for the hours i put in.... pfft. i dont need to get paid for my hard work in the fast food industry. for real. if i did i would look like a jackass and every one would think that i was some greedy ass ripping off the rest of society. truly i should be paying mc donalds for letting me work at their fine establishment. its a fact.

it makes perfect sense. you need to analyze your logic misfitchris cuz you are out of control.

Last edited by wedanced (May 16, 2010 8:14 am)

TSSBAY01
MisfitChris wrote:

Wow... No disrespect but I think for me, half the fun of chiptune died when I became involved with the internet "scene". There's just too many people bitching about this and that, who got what media exposure, who said what. If you can make a profit off of what you love to do, good for you! Everyone has a right to chiptune music, we all grew up with it.  Who's to say who shouldn't be making/listening to it and who should. It's not like any of you discovered chiptune  I also bet that the original chiptune composers look at the flourishing popularity of the medium and smile.

Also If you're going to bitch about someones success, that's fine, you have a right to that. But it really does make you look pathetic. I've also noticed that those who worry the most about the scenes "status" seem to be pretty terrible at making chiptune. You should spend less time worrying about others and more time composing, you need the practice. If we all spent less time bitching and more time practicing, there would be less to bitch about. The quality of music would go up! Just make music!

Ok, rant over. I have to go down into my mothers basement and get some sleep now.

heart

P.S for any of the negative, witty responses that might come up. Don't even bother. I'll be too busy making actual MUSIC, to respond.

toy

Unsubscribe

I agree, lots of the fun of the scene died when misfitchris.joined the online scene.

Connecticut USA
herr_prof wrote:

I agree, lots of the fun of the scene died when misfitchris.joined the online scene.

EDIT: Ok, rant over. I have to go down into my mothers basement and cut myself now.  : ]

Marseille

EDIT2: Did some reading. Found out Wired is owned and operated by Condé Nast, which in turn is owned and operated by Advance Publications, one of the largest publishing houses in the world and the 46th largest corporation in the world. They in turn are connected to a vast network of media companies, including the Discovery Network. Isn't it all interesting?

So wired is a part of a world wide conspiricy, a consiricy that at the moment has decided to milk money from a chip scene?. Nice aluminium foil cap you got there sir.

For your info, wired wrote about chipmusic back in 2007 and has been mentioning it and reviewing releases ever since. Whats the fuss?

Unsubscribe
MisfitChris wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

EDIT: Ok, rant over. I have to go down into my mothers basement and cut myself now.  : ]

wink

Minneapolis

Wow three pages of ranting caused by my comments. That's a new record for this place. smile

But seriously, go, make money. I just find it quite amusing the way that a big media company often chooses to cover little trends etc. And those comments about Wired do reflect my distrust of corporate America, of course, but also the kind of perverse amusement I get from their blundering.

So, sorry if I am messing things up or upsetting people, but I hardly expect everyone to agree with me. My views are often controversial.

Or, in teh internets speek: DONt feed Teh TROLLS!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MisfitChris wrote:

*snip* Just make music! *snip*

This, above all else.

Seattle, WA

Good job, Leeni.

Who cares? If the music rocks get it.

San Francisco

yeah good job leeni
http://www.myspace.com/160692398

thats the right person right?

New York City
Fighter X wrote:

Good job, Leeni.

Good job, Leeni?

The video was created by Keff and Niina, not by Leeni.