Added a change log to http://www.nanoloop.com/one/nanoloop17.html

São Paulo, Brazil
oliver wrote:

How can the lack of something that's never been announced as a feature be a bug?
Are you syncing lsdj as slave or master? Master should work, if it doesn't please try the above update. LSDj as slave would also work with 1.7.5 but since nanoloop also sends data in slave mode (polling the state of the data in line), there is no way to start them together. Maybe when you turn on the Game Boy.

All previous versions (until 1.6) worked for me. LSDJ as master sending sync to the nanoloop (as slave). Sorry, but for my buck it should be put as a feature, since more people use that.

oliver wrote:

What is the mutting problem?

After I mute the channel pressing start, it does un-mute the channel when I press start again.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

All previous versions (until 1.6) worked for me. LSDJ as master sending sync to the nanoloop (as slave). Sorry, but for my buck it should be put as a feature, since more people use that.

Should work again with 1.7.5.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

After I mute the channel pressing start, it does un-mute the channel when I press start again.

What's wrong with that? What would be the desired behaviour then?

If you wish to update and don't have a USB-MIDI but are about to make a cable anyway, you may try this:

http://www.nanoloop.com/update/audio.html

São Paulo, Brazil
oliver wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Should work again with 1.7.5.

PULSELOOPER wrote:

What's wrong with that? What would be the desired behaviour then?

sorry, I meant solo, not mute. I solo the channel with A+select, but can't unsolo pressing that combo again.

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (May 17, 2015 6:49 pm)

Melbourne

Does updating a cart destroy saved patterns? I'm guessing I'd have to back everything up before updating but if I update from 2.7.1 to 2.7.6 are the saved banks compatible? I have a gig coming up in around one month and don't want to lose my set! Maybe I'll update after the gig, haha.

Patterns remain intact, but of course it's always a good idea to have a backup.

The only major change from 2.7.1 to 2.7.7 are the analog and MIDI sync functions. So if you don't need these for your gig, there is no need to update. If anything doesn't work as before,  2.7.1 is still available for downgrade.

Melbourne
oliver wrote:

Patterns remain intact, but of course it's always a good idea to have a backup.

The only major change from 2.7.1 to 2.7.7 are the analog and MIDI sync functions. So if you don't need these for your gig, there is no need to update. If anything doesn't work as before,  2.7.1 is still available for downgrade.

Thanks! Yeah I might hold off updating until after the gig, since the page also mentions changes to the noise channel.. so my nicely designed snares might change!

btw I want to use this with my gameboy micro, I tried it with my homemade cable but it didn't quite work; but I'm guessing it's because I've flipped the SI/SO connections so it can work as an LSDJ -> nanoloop sync cable? If I install a switch to wire it straight through SI -> SI and SO -> SO would it work?

edit: and thanks for sending me the usb-midi adaptor. Totally wasn't expecting it!

Last edited by pselodux (May 18, 2015 10:24 am)

Oh, yes, forgot about GB noise. If your snares use the low-pass filtered noise (outlined dot), they will indeed sound different.

pselodux wrote:

btw I want to use this with my gameboy micro, I tried it with my homemade cable but it didn't quite work;

I'm not sure, what do you want to use with your GB micro?

Melbourne

Just the adaptor, for usb transfer. My homemade plug goes from a DMG plug to Micro plug; I tried plugging the adaptor into the DMG plug and while I didn't try data transfer, the MIDI sync only triggered a step in nanoloop when I pressed play or stop, so I guess I just wired it wrong. I can't remember exactly how I wired it but it works perfectly for LSDJ -> nanoloop sync.

My girlfriend has a regular GBA so I might just see if I can get a link cable for that but if I could make one for the micro it'd be nice!

Last edited by pselodux (May 18, 2015 11:08 am)

Did you set the adaptor to SYNC mode? Because by default it's in MIDI mode, forwarding the MIDI bytes unfiltered. The short data pulses of the MIDI bytes may randomly be recongized as sync by nanoloop (which does not read actual data for sync, but just checks if any data / voltage is present).

Melbourne

Ah right, I'll give that a try, thanks! I should just try data transfer and use that as a test for the cable.. but maybe after the gig big_smile

france

Hi all, if someone plan to sell well made cable I will be happy to buy one or two.
It's not difficult to do it, but today I'm not on the hardware stuff so let me know.
I like this soft wink

Oregon

The new sync options are great, but I'm having a strange issue. I made a cable for sync out to a Volca using the instructions on this page, and it works great as long as the Game Boy is only outputting audio through the internal speaker. However, as soon as I plug the Game Boy into my mixer, the Volca loses sync. The Volca is also outputting to my mixer. What could be causing this?

edit: I'm a fool, I had the wires reversed. Going to end my life due to this shame.

Last edited by Hawk (May 22, 2015 7:12 pm)

Oregon

Sync is working flawlessly now. Is there any way to permanently set the sync mode so I don't have to set it back to C every time I turn the GB on?

I'm sorry, nanoloop is always in 24/4 master mode on startup.

Hawk wrote:

it works great as long as the Game Boy is only outputting audio through the internal speaker.
edit: ...I had the wires reversed.

Interesting it still worked. There are a few people experiencing this or a similar issue where the Game Boy is muted (see above). Maybe they should try other wire combinations.