Carbondale, IL

As you may have noticed, I haven't offered any more ArduinoBoys for a while.  What happened was my course work got out of hand and I had to shift my priorities.  In the past two months I have finished only one ArduinoBoy.  I will be out of school very soon for the summer and will resume building and selling ArduinoBoys shortly.

And remember, if you get impatient, there is nothing stopping you from building your own.

EDIT: I would also like to apologize for my continued failures in communication: the ten or so of you who have sent me emails and private messages over the past two months.  I have no excuse.

Last edited by scienceguy8 (May 10, 2010 7:02 am)

East Kilbride, Scotland
scienceguy8 wrote:

As you may have noticed, I haven't offered any more ArduinoBoys for a while.  What happened was my course work got out of hand and I had to shift my priorities.  In the past two months I have finished only one ArduinoBoy.  I will be out of school very soon for the summer and will resume building and selling ArduinoBoys shortly.

And remember, if you get impatient, there is nothing stopping you from building your own.

EDIT: I would also like to apologize for my continued failures in communication: the ten or so of you who have sent me emails and private messages over the past two months.  I have no excuse.

You've got nothing to apologise for scienceguy8, you haven't had any pre-sales and you have went out your way to discourage having any presales. Most important of all, you've been completely honest throughout!

Unsubscribe

Just want to say mine was made very professional and the pcb work is super neat! A longer tctd review is in the works but TIIIIMMMEE.

☺☺☺
google code site wrote:

Current Features
* Midi Out Doubles as a Midi Thru

am i the only one not able to get this working out of those who bought one from scienceguy8?

otherwise im very happy with mine smile

Last edited by Emar (May 10, 2010 2:41 pm)

rochester, ny
Emar wrote:
google code site wrote:

Current Features
* Midi Out Doubles as a Midi Thru

am i the only one not able to get this working out of those who bought one from scienceguy8?

i actually can't get it to work either. i was assuming it was my fault because i'm not the most knowledgeable about this kind of stuff sometimes. but i've tried everything i can think of. no luck.

but yeah, other than that, i love the thing.

☺☺☺
nickmaynard wrote:
Emar wrote:

i actually can't get it to work either. i was assuming it was my fault because i'm not the most knowledgeable about this kind of stuff sometimes. but i've tried everything i can think of. no luck.

but yeah, other than that, i love the thing.

i would like to know if we can just tap off of the 6n138 to get midi thru as all schematics use pin 6 for data, maybe just connecting pin 6-----midi pin 5; 
gnd----midi pin 2;
and  5v---midi pin 4?

maybe.....

may...be....

maybe?!

Charlotte

Sorry if I seem stupid but what does the ArduinoBoys do?

BK
phib3r Optik wrote:

Sorry if I seem stupid but what does the ArduinoBoys do?

allows for midi syncing of a game boy running lsdj/nanoloop to another midi device and also full midi control via mgb.

Charlotte

Thats what I was thinking I just wanted to make sure..

IL, US

^ are you a "this spartan life" fan?

Charlotte

No? Why?

☺☺☺
Emar wrote:

i would like to know if we can just tap off of the 6n138 to get midi thru as all schematics use pin 6 for data, maybe just connecting pin 6-----midi pin 5; 
gnd----midi pin 2;
and  5v---midi pin 4?

maybe.....

may...be....

maybe?!

rochester, ny
Emar wrote:
Emar wrote:

gnd----midi pin 2;
and  5v---midi pin 4?

maybe.....

may...be....

maybe?!

yeah, like i said, i can't get my midi thru to work either, so i'd like to hear more about this too.

Los Angeles

if this is the same as the original arduinoboy, MIDI thru isn't MIDI thru... It's MIDI out for LSDJ master sync, that is, using LSDJ as the source clock. It's suppose to act as a MIDI thru for all other modes, but I've not tested that feature in the code for some time.

☺☺☺
trash80 wrote:

if this is the same as the original arduinoboy, MIDI thru isn't MIDI thru... It's MIDI out for LSDJ master sync, that is, using LSDJ as the source clock. It's suppose to act as a MIDI thru for all other modes, but I've not tested that feature in the code for some time.

my midi out jack straight up doesnt do anything as a matter of fact (lsdj master OR thru in other modes)

rochester, ny
Emar wrote:
trash80 wrote:

my midi out jack straight up doesnt do anything as a matter of fact (lsdj master OR thru in other modes)

i haven't tested mine to see if the midi out worked.