Hyper-melodic trance/hairtune

8 bit reggae

Tennessee
e.s.c. wrote:

breakcore.

this & chipthrash/brokecore

Bonn, Germany
ShintarouMusic wrote:

I like any chip music that does a good job evoking moods and feelings, really. Creative sound design is always a plus.

Many chipmusician's styles of composition do not always cleanly fit into the labels of "regular" genres of music. It's just... them. I'm not sure if I'm expressing that right.

This.
I don't have a favorite genre at all, what's important to me is wether the music is able to entertain, deliver a Strong atmosphere/Feelings or if it's simply unique in a certain Way. Besides that, I tend to enjoy progressive music the most, because it's most likely to be unpredictable.

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQ34ESvIpw

NC in the US of America

Progressive jazz funk

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Apr 16, 2016 1:59 am)

ShintarouMusic wrote:
marcb0t wrote:

Hmmmm... Would this song qualify?

http://chipmusic.org/marcb0t/music/ocean-melody

Yeah, that was a really nice piece! I love aquatic vibes

Ah, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I grew up on an island, with lots of exposure to jazz, big band, contemporary styles, and even a bit of raggae (though not as much as you would think tongue)

Ironically, this song formed in my head when I was going through a very sad time in my life... Ironic because it sounds so happy and warm.

Would you like the VGM file?

Toronto, Canada

Chipthrash, Nintendocore, Happy Hardcore, Chipbreak

Memphis, TN

Probably bitpop or chipthrash, but I'll listen to just about anything if it's remotely chiptune -ish

United States

genre-defiant

i guess "experimental" would be the usual term for that sort of thing but i think that term is sort of annoying

zabutom

UK

neopolitan genre-bent circuitpunk and maybe some postmodern anti-political pre-modern chipbreaker is my cup of tea

United Kingdom

BOH BRRRAP BRRRAP

JodyBigfoot wrote:

8 bit reggae

Holland

Extremely melodic/happy oldschool styled multichannel xms and 4 channel mods.

chipdub

TSSBAY01

whichever kind that sparks the least discussion on forums