philly
ant1 wrote:
an-cat-max wrote:

Famitracker only i'm afraid

This is a dumb rule! Why?

Because it ensures that every track uses the same 'sound engine', making a ROM and / or physical release all the more likely. smile

Everyone should probably be using the same version of FT as well.

Last edited by bucky (May 13, 2010 11:56 pm)

San Francisco

i would love to make some songs for this... or help out in any way i can.

astral cat
wedanced wrote:

i would love to make some songs for this... or help out in any way i can.

awww, thank you man smile that's really cool. if i need any help with anything i'll be sure to PM you!

astral cat

check requirements Famitracker 0.3.0 only please smile

If it weren't for size restrictions I could include other music drivers as well making MML submissions possible. It depends on the number of submissions and the kind of donor carts we can come by cheap, I guess.

So yeah, I thought we'd stick to FamiTracker 0.3.0 for now without DPCM. All we'll need is your tune exported as a music.bin file in Fami 0.3.0.

Last edited by miau (May 17, 2010 7:05 pm)

astral cat

bump for epic kulors

astral cat

congrats to Blitz Lunar for being the first to submit! OH SHI-

Venezuela

we are doing separeted FTM? and you put it all in one?... i think its better to have some kind of basic instruments, and if anybody needs more instruments, should add them. remember than more instruments means less space for code and compose. Same happend in the rows, is better to have more instruments than have lots of fx in rows. In matter of bytes, row fx eats lot of bytes.

I just had a thought, couldn't a single ftm file be passed around to all contributors.  Wouldn't that simplify the process a little?  Isn't there something in Famitracker to do multiple songs per file?  Or am I wrong/forgetting something?

Last edited by Battle Lava (May 28, 2010 3:52 pm)

Venezuela
Battle Lava wrote:

I just had a thought, couldn't a single ftm file be passed around to all contributors.  Wouldn't that simplify the process a little?  Isn't there something in Famitracker to do multiple songs per file?  Or am I wrong/forgetting something?

yep, i think is the best way to do it. one FTM and passed from hand to hand, WITH TIME LIMITATION, so dont take to long.
I wish famitracker let you export or save a single track from a multi-track file. I suggested that to JSR, but seens to be a bit problematic because of the instruments and stuff. But i usually do, copy&paste and then addapt the instruments to a set of instruments i already have. I have been doing this with a little multi-track file i have.

i will stick around to get the file or whatever! big_smile i want to get started on this :X

astral cat

we have decided against the whole "merging the FTM" business... i should really take that out of the post big_smile just send your single FTMs  smile

edit: spelling and me being dumb

Last edited by an-cat-max (May 27, 2010 9:55 am)

astral cat

also, anyone have any ideas how we could incorporate all the graphic artists? me and miau had the discussion and thought of each person doing a part of the ROM as in "ui does the title screen" "enso does the background" "octavialsilver does the player art" ect, that might not be who will be doing what but you get the idea... any input? smile

ui wrote:
Battle Lava wrote:

yep, i think is the best way to do it. one FTM and passed from hand to hand, WITH TIME LIMITATION, so dont take to long.

Oh, but I don't think an-cat-max would like to wait ten years for this project to get finished. *cough*NSFCOLLISION*cough*

I started coding on the player ROM today. Did a few minor modifications to jsr's music driver, separate FTMs/BINs should be no problem now! big_smile
Couldn't be any simpler.

astral cat

yes, i'm completely against the shared FTM idea for this project, this is not NSF collision wink haha

awesome work miau heart big_smile

UK

this is the reason NSF collision is still going on. had it not used a shared FTM then it would have been completed ages ago. that and it's nice if people can use their own instruments and stuff, for more personalised songs. so one FTM just isn't practical in that sense. hopefully implementation won't be a problem with everyone having separate FTMs though. an-cat-max seems confident enough :J

Alright, well you guys seem to know what you are doing so forget what I said lol

cool