france

Hi Oliver,

I have used android app those day and definitely I like it. And I remember why I have not used much in the last years. I stop using it for the lack of sync... So I decide to open a post to fill a feature request, I'm sure there is other people here which may have the same feeling. I use your software for years, and I use it with sync with other gears. This last one is difficult to sync, so to play it with another gears it is tricky. I know today you are busy and each project take time, but I need to fill it somewhere.

Here are my feature request, I think those stuff could be liked by other people too :

- please enable midi sync in the code, I understand it could take time to enable it, but it could be really cool to be able to play with the another midi gears in sync ;
- add a tempo with dot, like 120.1 to be able to sync it manually ;
- add the /1 /2 /4 /8 timedivision, really usefull IMHO
- add the trig condition
- be able to change parameter of each step fully, today we can increase OR decrease value per step but not both and it is really different than putting a completely different parameter set per step, so today for me each step sound similar because of it, I can do a bit of parameter lock, but not fully use it ;
- add a "tempo lock/seqlock" to be able to change project on the fly keeping the bpm and the sequencer position, like in gb/gba
- a zoom on the sampler, to put the start and stop without click ;
- and last one a bandpass on the sampler wink
- and veryvery last one fx send per track with a global fx ? like a delay ? it is minimal a delay ?

Cheers

yoyz2k wrote:

Hi Oliver,
- be able to change parameter of each step fully, today we can increase OR decrease value per step but not both and it is really different than putting a completely different parameter set per step, so today for me each step sound similar because of it, I can do a bit of parameter lock, but not fully use it ;

I don't quite understand this one. You want to increase and decrease at the same time?

france

Yes it was not well written, but the idea is simple.

You set global sound parameter for the first track and it sound nice to you. You want to stick with this sound but change parameter for each step.
You begin with the decay parameter.
You want it, sometime really short, sometime really long.
In this case, the interface allow you to only increase the decay parameter per step, you can not decrease it.

The obvious workaround to this is to set the decay to 0 to the track sound and set it manually for each step.
But it is not the same feeling, and it take more time for the user, so in the end, it is less used...
What could be really good, is "a kind" of bipolar value for the parameter change by step (-128,+128), not a (0,+128) like it is done today. I think you understand what I mean here. It is just ease of use.

In the end I think, people don't use this "parameter lock" feature to it's full potential.

With bipolar values it would be very hard if not impossible to set them to zero.

Maybe it would be best to have no instrument at all, like in the GB versions. Just channels with fixed synth types and per-step parameters.

france

Mhh, I don't know.
The interface of ios/android is good for me.
when you change parameter per step it only react to y axis today, maybe you can take the x axis too.
What I mean here is : it is difficult to set a value beween 0 and 5 on 128 value today.
If you take the x axis too, you may be able to change the y value depending on the x value to slower the y.
I hope you understand the idea, I think it is simple to do.
And you stick on the same interface.
you can also add a two fingers tricks which reset the curent selected parameter to 0, could be a solution.

Or yes, copy paste step like the gb/gba and per step parameter no global track parameter, could be great too. I like this, and I think people could like it.

Or you completely jump to a gb/gba feeling smile Which could be really whooa. It change the ios/android version completely wink
If you think gb/gba way is nicer ( I like the idea ) to be really full, you need a usb/bluetooth joypad, which cost something like 15 euros, not a real issue for people I think, but yeah, you have the portable nanoloop like the gba version but with a cristal clear sound. I think people will buy it, if you do it this way and you call it for example nanoloop 4 or something.

I think people could really enjoy it wink
But this third option ( feeling like gb/gba ) is for me like another nanoloop version wink

Hope the best for you wink

I have tried left/right for slower/faster and it doesn't work well. Maybe an exponential resolution so that the change is very small when the movement is near the origin.

I wonder if there is a gamepad sleeve for smartphone that has game boy like buttons on the bottom and the typical square window on top, so that it resembles the shape of a gb pocket. With a compatible app running, you can hold and play it vertically like a game boy, otherwise it just shows the upper half of the lock screen.

Abandoned on Fire
oliver wrote:

I wonder if there is a gamepad sleeve for smartphone that has game boy like buttons on the bottom and the typical square window on top, so that it resembles the shape of a gb pocket. With a compatible app running, you can hold and play it vertically like a game boy, otherwise it just shows the upper half of the lock screen.

Check out Hyperkin's Smartboy: http://hyperkinlab.com/smartboy-development-kit/

france

The product is not in production, but this company seem to release lots of stuff. This one seem to be in developement and expect to ship in december :

http://hyperkinlab.com/smartboy-development-kit/

I mean a simple sleeve with some silicone rubber buttons embedded that create touch events, without any electronics. I have tried with a button pad from a pocket calculator, which did not work immediately. But if you connect the conductive ball to some bigger inductor (such as your finger), it works fine.

More like this, but a full sleeve:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/618308357/game-pad

france

Yes, there is some on the market.
But I think people will enjoy most with this kind of stupid cheap bluetooth controller :

https://m.french.alibaba.com/p-detail/I … directed=y

It seem to be supported by lots of emulators, it is bluetooth, so no worry with current hardware android/ios and physical spec of the phone.
You feel at home with real pad if you can put a whatever phone on it. Today I think a 100$ whatever brand phone can run nanoloop android smoothly.
And a 20$ pad will not affraid anyone.
There is a ps3, xbox360 standard today, so I think with a simple "learn" menu you are in.
And this kind of controller is available on any tech shop today.

france

yes this last one is really cool. I really like it.
But only ios...

France

This gamepad is very good, for under 3 € : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Mini-Wireless-Bl … 1813725688
It works great with gameboy games for example. It doesn't support the phone, but you can reuse a table for this purpose wink

this is all too nerdy, not casual enough.
i don't want some extra device or bulky add-on. i want a cheap, lightweight sleeve that primarily serves as sleeve but has some flat buttons on it. i don't want expensive electronics in it, no special hardware, just some passive buttons for regular touch events. nor do i want a game boy emulator.

i'm surprised that this doesn't exist. maybe time for another kickstarter.

france
oliver wrote:

this is all too nerdy, not casual enough.

Say the guy which develop the most amazing music handled software, developed, most of the time, on obsolete nerdy platform wink For music nerds wink

programming it is certainly nerdy, but the game boy itself is not.